T Nation

What, No Complaints About the War Room?

anyone else notice there is no blow up about there being a T-Cell War Room? no one bitching and moaning one way or the other…
Amazing how there have been like 10 threads about how the T-Cell is a fail, or why certain people are apart of it, yet none about the War Room (this isn’t a knock on the War Room btw)

Makes me realize that T-Cell Alpha was desperately needed.

Some people will always find a reason to complain. I try to stay away from those people :slight_smile:

S

I can’t wait for HH to complain about his tribu…eh…court martial.

Now that I think about it, was he ever in the military?

Lulz. Because not being in the military cell isn’t a big deal to most people. They weren’t in the military.

If they aren’t the Alpha cell, people think they’re somehow inferior WRT bodybuilding and start waving their e-penis around to compensate.

They should re-name the T-Cell Alpha to:

The T-Cell For People Who Are Serious About Bodybuilding And Actually Want To Discuss Bodybuilding Without Fucking Trolls Crowding All The Threads With Anti-Bodybuilding Posts…Fuck

Honest, this would solve a lot of the issues.

Its because we are all afraid GI Joe will smoke our ass if we start talking shit. We all know bodybuilders cant fight so we will shit talk them.

i like t-call alpha, but i think you are comparing apples and oranges. t-cell alpha essentially is the bodybuilding forum for popular/“serious” people.

Sort of a caste system, whereas the war room is just something new (an attempt at an analogy would be if there was a grunt room for everyone, and then an officers club for the popular military guys).

The distinction is clear cut, you have served in the military or you haven’t, so there is nothing to complain about.

I’d also like to think that no one is bitching out of respect for those who served, but then trolls don’t really understand what respect is, so they’ll find a way in over there eventually.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
The distinction is clear cut, you have served in the military or you haven’t, so there is nothing to complain about.

I’d also like to think that no one is bitching out of respect for those who served, but then trolls don’t really understand what respect is, so they’ll find a way in over there eventually.[/quote]

I think it’s only because it’s clear cut. If you weren’t / aren’t in the military you have no reason to be in that cell.

The Alpha Cell on the other hand is less defined. I was for people to get away from the anti-bodybuilding sentiment that was all too common on the bodybuilding board.

That’s all it ever was, and all it ever will be. Not some haven of untapped knowledge, although I’d like to think more progress can be made on a board free of trolls.

I for sure have no problem with the War Room (well besides being a pacifist :wink: ), because the distinction works - and it doesn’t take away an access people used to have. T-Cell Alpha does - or at least gives that impression. If this were a military site which would install a ‘Weight Room’, perhaps the whole thing would be reverse.

Makkun

[quote]makkun wrote:
I for sure have no problem with the War Room (well besides being a pacifist :wink: ), because the distinction works - and it doesn’t take away an access people used to have. T-Cell Alpha does - or at least gives that impression. If this were a military site which would install a ‘Weight Room’, perhaps the whole thing would be reverse.

Makkun[/quote]

How does the T-Cell take away access that you used to have? When there was no T-Cell, you had no access. Therefore, it takes nothing away. Not to mention, everyone can still read that forum even if they can’t post in it, so again, where and when did you LOSE access you used to have?

This is a weight lifting site where some of the people don’t even lift weights. Those same people have no problem GIVING advice on lifting.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
makkun wrote:

Makkun

How does the T-Cell take away access that you used to have? When there was no T-Cell, you had no access. Therefore, it takes nothing away. Not to mention, everyone can still read that forum even if they can’t post in it, so again, where and when did you LOSE access you used to have?[/quote]

I would argue that the T-Cell tries to concentrate ‘serious’ discussion on bodybuilding. Now - and I didn’t say ‘I’, but - ‘people’ who are serious, but eg. new to the site, or only used to read but now would like to take part in the ‘serious’ discussion can’t anymore.

This takes away an opportunity they used to have - post freely on a freely accessible website on bodybuilding related issues. That’s been taken away. Some may say that was worth it - it’s quite obvious I don’t.

Yes, there’s still the ‘bodybuilding’ forum, but with all discussion on the T-Cell, it’s been made clear where the ‘serious’ discussion is to take place. That’s created two classes of members here - the ones that have been granted access, and the ones who haven’t; oh and the ones being tribunaled for what ever reason. I’m not going to repeat the d-word, but so far I’m not convinced if it was worth it. Not resisting a ‘General Fitness’ forum may have helped focus the discussion better.

We all are aware of that. I always thought that the better advice by the more experienced poster, just like yourself, would prevail against those. I simply believe in the better argument. I never had many problems filtering out the crap - that’s why I ignore most of HH’s posts in the Politics forum :wink: - this is an internet forum, it’s just part of life.

Not to start our whole disagreement again - I’m just not yet convinced by the T-Cell, and I think its (undisputed) merits may not supersede its flaws. I therefore don’t use it, and keep on making my point on the forums where everyone is free to take part.

But again - it’s early days - let’s see what happens. Oh yeah, and I have no problems with the War Room as a T-Cell, as it doesn’t have the above issues (just as not to hijack this thread).

Makkun

[quote]makkun wrote:
Professor X wrote:
makkun wrote:

Makkun

How does the T-Cell take away access that you used to have? When there was no T-Cell, you had no access. Therefore, it takes nothing away. Not to mention, everyone can still read that forum even if they can’t post in it, so again, where and when did you LOSE access you used to have?

I would argue that the T-Cell tries to concentrate ‘serious’ discussion on bodybuilding. Now - and I didn’t say ‘I’, but - ‘people’ who are serious, but eg. new to the site, or only used to read but now would like to take part in the ‘serious’ discussion can’t anymore.

This takes away an opportunity they used to have - post freely on a freely accessible website on bodybuilding related issues. That’s been taken away. Some may say that was worth it - it’s quite obvious I don’t.

Yes, there’s still the ‘bodybuilding’ forum, but with all discussion on the T-Cell, it’s been made clear where the ‘serious’ discussion is to take place. That’s created two classes of members here - the ones that have been granted access, and the ones who haven’t; oh and the ones being tribunaled for what ever reason. I’m not going to repeat the d-word, but so far I’m not convinced if it was worth it. Not resisting a ‘General Fitness’ forum may have helped focus the discussion better.

This is a weight lifting site where some of the people don’t even lift weights. Those same people have no problem GIVING advice on lifting.

We all are aware of that. I always thought that the better advice by the more experienced poster, just like yourself, would prevail against those. I simply believe in the better argument. I never had many problems filtering out the crap - that’s why I ignore most of HH’s posts in the Politics forum :wink: - this is an internet forum, it’s just part of life.

Not to start our whole disagreement again - I’m just not yet convinced by the T-Cell, and I think its (undisputed) merits may not supersede its flaws. I therefore don’t use it, and keep on making my point on the forums where everyone is free to take part.

But again - it’s early days - let’s see what happens. Oh yeah, and I have no problems with the War Room as a T-Cell, as it doesn’t have the above issues (just as not to hijack this thread).

Makkun[/quote]

I assume this post you wrote was serious? That would mean we LOST access to discuss bodybuilding free of non-bodybuilding related tangents when so many of those types filled up the bodybuilding forum.

I doubt anyone cares whether you are “convinced” about the T-Cell.

For someone making a point to not use it, you sure do TALK ABOUT IT A LOT.

[quote]makkun wrote:

Makkun[/quote]

It seems to me–and I admit I haven’t done any real “research”–that many T-Cell Alpha members still post in other forums. Any topic with a thread in TCA can be started in another forum by a non-TCA member, and it’s likely some of the same expertise–and more–will notice it and chime in.

Multiple threads on the same topic? Happened before T-Cells; will happen always.

maybe because its a simple concept no one altered. to get in you have had military experience, thats it.

the t-cell situation is different because it says one thing, then everyone leaves it up to interpertation, kinda how the mission statement is about “hardcore” lifters and then you have a bunch of middle aged women who look like theyre more concerened with menopause than entering a contest.

[quote]TShaw wrote:
It seems to me–and I admit I haven’t done any real “research”–that many T-Cell Alpha members still post in other forums. Any topic with a thread in TCA can be started in another forum by a non-TCA member, and it’s likely some of the same expertise–and more–will notice it and chime in.

Multiple threads on the same topic? Happened before T-Cells; will happen always.[/quote]

Pretty much how I see it. If a serious body builder/weight lifter joins the site and posts intelligently in the body building or related forums I would imagine they would be invited in to the T-Cell Alpha in time.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:

I’d also like to think that no one is bitching out of respect for those who served, but then trolls don’t really understand what respect is, so they’ll find a way in over there eventually.[/quote]

I think you’re right Uncle Gabby,

Believe it or not, even most experienced douschebags have a decent level of respect, as they should, for the men and women who have chosen to serve this country and put their lives on the line in defense of it.

I think anyone who tried to clown over there would be crushed with extreme prejudice and rightly so.

The War room has far too much integrity to be toyed with, and I think most people realize that. Although the mere fact that we are talking about it, will get some trolls thinking hard, lol. The problem is, the chance of a troll, who actually served and is in the war room, and would even think about trolling there, is pretty small I’d venture to say. I could be wrong though. I hope I’m not.

Good point Gabb.

The way I understand it the Alpha cell is a body building forum…
I don’t feel excluded because I don’t bodybuild. I can read the posts if I’m interested and I would assume if I ever got into bodybuiding and had the hankering to join the cell there are ways I could go about it. Like maybe talking to one of the members for starters.

I was in the military so I’m in the War forum. I logged on and the talk was about M-14’s. It didn’t interest me. Lots of folks were having a good time talking about it however. That’s okay too.

Where is the big controversy?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
[…]

I assume this post you wrote was serious? That would mean we LOST access to discuss bodybuilding free of non-bodybuilding related tangents when so many of those types filled up the bodybuilding forum.[/quote]

All I was saying is that we now have two Bodybuilding forums here. A bodybuilding forum that is equally accessible to everyone, and a bodybuilding forum which for the just a bit more equal posters who by some pretty random criteria (someone clicks a button) has been granted entry. No problem - anyone annoying (or pretty much anyone equally random) can be nominated for tribunal to leave, truly reality TV style.

Besides being a little bit more ‘hardcore’ and no newb/idiotic threads (and I’ve conceded that about 25 times now), the T-Cell is mostly a reflection of what other forums here already do. So - I argue the defining criteria of the T-Cell is its exclusivity, and its soap opera factor. Both don’t add real value to the site overall IMO.

[quote]I doubt anyone cares whether you are “convinced” about the T-Cell.

For someone making a point to not use it, you sure do TALK ABOUT IT A LOT.[/quote]

Why so aggressive - why so shouty? I hope you don’t mind a little dissent. Given our cross-thread debate about my doubts wrt the T-Cell, you actually seem to care a lot what I think. That flatters me, as I respect you as one of the pillars of T-Nation, which I care a lot for. But on the T-Cell issue, I think we’ve made a wrong turn - is that so hard to accept?

Makkun

PS: Sorry OP for the hijack, this debate just seems to tumble on.

[quote]makkun wrote:
Professor X wrote:
[…]

I assume this post you wrote was serious? That would mean we LOST access to discuss bodybuilding free of non-bodybuilding related tangents when so many of those types filled up the bodybuilding forum.

All I was saying is that we now have two Bodybuilding forums here. A bodybuilding forum that is equally accessible to everyone, and a bodybuilding forum which for the just a bit more equal posters who by some pretty random criteria (someone clicks a button) has been granted entry. No problem - anyone annoying (or pretty much anyone equally random) can be nominated for tribunal to leave, truly reality TV style.

Besides being a little bit more ‘hardcore’ and no newb/idiotic threads (and I’ve conceded that about 25 times now), the T-Cell is mostly a reflection of what other forums here already do. So - I argue the defining criteria of the T-Cell is its exclusivity, and its soap opera factor. Both don’t add real value to the site overall IMO.[/quote]

Why is it you conveniently ignore what led to the creation of that T-Cell? People like you said NOTHING while we were overrun with dumbasses in the bodybuilding forum just last month. Now, all of a sudden, there is an issue with the way that issue is being dealt with.

Why?

Why did it NOT bother you that we couldn’t discuss bodybuilding before this but it DOES bother you that we can now do so without interruption?

Your solution to that problem would have been WHAT?