What Next?

I’m currently using the Rippetoe program. Once I get to a week where none of my lifs improve, I’m going to take a week off, then switch to a different program. Which one of these looks like a better option?

M: Sprints/Plyos + ME Upper
T: Tempo + Abs and Neck
W: Sprints/Plyos + ME Lower
F: Sprints/Plyos + RE Upper
S: Tempo + Abs and Neck
S: Off

M: Plyos + OLs
W: Sprints + ME Upper
F: Sprints + ME Lower
S: RE Upper (Add tempo work aswell?)
S: Off

The ME and RE stuff will be based on WS4SB. I’m not sure what I’ll do for the OL day yet, but I can figure that out later.

Thanks for the help

EDIT: forgot to say goals

• Get stronger / faster
  • Gain 5-10 lbs
  • Stay injury free my entire off-season

Are you training for a specific sport? Why not just follow WS4SB to the letter, since it incorporates everything you have listed other than the O-lifting?

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Are you training for a specific sport? Why not just follow WS4SB to the letter, since it incorporates everything you have listed other than the O-lifting?[/quote]

Lacrosse

I don’t like how in WS4SB2 there are so many hard days in a row (Mon: Speed + ME U, Tues: L, Wed: Speed). And in the original version, there isn’t enough lower body work for me. Anyways, the first option I showed is pretty much just WS4SB2 only organized differently.

Out of the two listed I’d go with option 1, minus the second plyo session. If you say WS4SB is too hard, why try to run yourself into the ground with more plyo work? Keep in mind your goal of staying healthy.

For right now, do your lifting first during your sessions. As you get closer to your season (when is it?), drop the plyos altogether and start your sessions with speed/conditioning.

Season starts in May.

Well hell, if that’s the case why bother with running? Do 1 tempo and one sprint run per week, and focus all efforts on getting stronger and gaining those 5-10 pounds (part of goal#1 and all of goal #2).

Do the pylos, but only a couple weeks in a row and take a break from them for a week or two (helping goal#3). Just make it a DE lower day and when you’re not jumping, do some speed squats or deadlifts.

As you get closer to the season, like a month or two out, start back up with the running and perform it before lifting (other part of goal #1).

Makes sense, thank for the help

I guess I’ll leave all speed work for about 4 months out of the season.