what multivitamin do you guys take

Just wondering what multivitamin most of you guys take? How about what essential fatty acid formulas? How about digestive enzymes?

I started taking Twinlab Daily One Caps a while back, and am almost done with the bottle, but I wouldn’t recommend them – I “excreted” one whole once. How’s that for full absorbtion and utilization? :slight_smile:

animal pak.

GNC Mega Man- no idea if its good or not though

animal pak. It has everything you could possibly want in a vitamin. I feel and look better when im on them more so than any other MV i’ve taken before

I pieced together my own multi-vitamin formula. It consists of a Carotenoid Complex, Ester-C, High Gamma E, D, and B Complex 50.

I also take a separate multi-mineral: Country Life Total Mins Iron Free.

For EFA’s I use Vitamin Shoppe brand Flax, liquid and capsule fish oils.

And finally, enzymes, I use Vitamin Shoppe brand Multi-Zyme. Extremely potent stuff.

I’m on DualTabs by TwinLab right now. Best ones I’ve had after trying many others before. Didn’t have any absorption problems with it; Strange story damici - I know these tabs are specially designed for best absorption.

hmmm,
never heard of animal pak. Hopefully its Iron free! Yes? No? Give me the low down sons-a-bitches…;o)

One of my favorites is Nu-Life “The Ultimate One” (Active/Men). Extremely potent.

I take either Life Extension daily or Twin Lab daily. I switch them on occasion.

I would suggest that Damicis problem (excreting the full vitamin) may be due to how he takes his vitamin rather than the vitamin itself. Vitamins should always be taken with food.

I also take the following: Vitamin E, Selenium, Lycopene, Bilberry, Carnosine, L-Carnitine, Choline, Garlic, Saw Palmeto, Tumeric, Lutein, MSM, Glucosamine, Fish Oils, Coq10, Acidophilus, N-Acetyl Cysteine, Pycnogenol and a good protein powder usually Grow.

I take the above in divided doses three times throughout the day. While I know th above seems like a great deal, each nutrient has been researched and has been included for good reason.

This, along with my fruits and raw vegetable routine has supplied me with an abundance of health and energy. And as I have stated before in this forum, I am still breaking personal records (31 straight dead hang chin-ups) at the age of 48!

In most cases, nothing good happens by chance!

Nope, I always take it right after a meal, which makes it especially odd. I lost all confidence in it at that point.

Trader Joe’s Men’s Formula, which has no iron, for vitamin.

Trader Joe’s Omega-3 Fatty Acids – they’re molecularly distilled, and have 1/2 g of combined EPA/DHA per cap. And they’re only $7.99 per bottle of 90 softgels.

Of course, to get them you have to have a Trader Joe’s somewhere nearby.

90% of all vitamins are made by one (1) company: Hoffman LaRoche.

All you need to decide on is the potency of the pill and in the case of a multi, what particular vitamins you want in it.

Wallgreen brand is the same as Centrum.

Damici’s “problem” is what is called a “bowl ringer” in nutrition circles. A lot of vitamins do contain what they say they do, but they just don’t break down in the digestive system. Something to consider.

I take Opti-man from Optimum Nutrition

Here are the ingredients:

Product Profile:
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Vitamin A 7,500 IU 150%*
(as Betatene? natural mixed carotenoids)
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 300 mg 500%*
Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) 200 IU 50%*
Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol succinate) 200 IU 670%*
Vitamin K (as phytonadione) 75 mcg 90%*
Thiamin (as thiamin hydrochloride) 30 mg 2000%*
Riboflavin 30 mg 1760%*
Niacin (as niacinamide) 30 mg 150%*
Vitamin B6(as pyridoxine hydrochloride) 30 mg 1500%*
Folic Acid 400 mcg 100%*
Vitamin B12(as cyanocobalamin) 100 mcg 1670%*
Biotin 250 mcg 80%*
Pantothenic Acid (as d-calcium pantothenate) 30 mg 300%*
Calcium (as calcium carbonate, citrate) 200 mg 20%*
Iodine (as kelp) 150 mcg 100%*
Magnesium (as magnesium aspartate) 100 mcg 25%*
Zinc (as zinc citrate) 30 mg 200%*
Selenium (as selenomethionine) 70 mcg 100%*
Copper (as copper gluconate) 2 mg 100%*
Manganese (as manganese gluconate) 5 mg 250%*
Chromium (as chromium GTF) 120 mcg 100%*
Molybdenum (as molybdenum A.A. chelate) 80 mcg 110%*
Raw Oyster Concentrate 50 mg ?
Saw Palmetto, powdered (berries) 100 mg ?
Pygeum Africanum, powdered (bark) 70 mg ?
Damiana, powdered (leaf) 100 mg ?
Nettles, powdered (leaf) 30 mg ?
Lycopene (as LYC-O-MATO? natural tomato lycopene) 250 mcg ?
Alpha-Carotene 140 mcg ?
Cryptoxanthin 34 mcg ?
Zeaxanthin 28 mcg ?
Lutein 28 mcg ?
Alpha Lipoic Acid 25 mg ?
Citrus Bioflavonoids (fruit) 70 mg ?
Grape Seed Extract 25 mg ?
(Vitis vinifera) (seed)
(standardized to 95% polyphenols)
Deodorized Garlic, powdered (bulb) 50 mg ?
Ginkgo Biloba, powdered (leaf) 70 mg ?
Korean Ginseng, powdered (root) 100 mg ?
PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid) 10 mg ?
Choline (as choline bitartrate) 10 mg ?
Inositol

Colgan’s Athlete’s Pack is the best ever, but costly.

I take the GNC Mega Athletes vitamin (6 caps a day).
It’s really good, high in antioxidants, very high in B vitamins, and includes herbs like tribulus and ginseng.

Eh?.. what happened to good ol Centrum?.. 'somethin I don’t know?

?:frowning:

Paul,

Centrum is crap. Poorly absorbed synthetic versions of vitamins. You might as well throw your money out the window.

Brider,

With that in mind, do you have any suggestions as to what brands you feel DO get absorbed well?