What Motivates You?

What motivates me is that i was always very short and not big and i love sports. Ive always been around 5’6 and 140-145 so lifting puts me at a more even level.

Honestly? I just love to lift. All the fringe benefits are also nice.

To change who I was…

I lift to be able to kill with my bare hands easily, to get bigger, to intimidate, to be dominant, to make my woman feel safe in my arms, to make rough sex as easy as watching the television, to make my friends feel safe, to make me mentally tougher, to make me tolerate to pain, to inspire, to never allow laziness a part in my life, to feel better, to sleep better, to reach perfection.

The most important reason-for myself.

[quote]Fulmen wrote:
I lift […] to reach perfection.
[/quote]

Wow. Let me know when you get there. :wink:

A lil poke poke.

anger…

[quote]diesel25 wrote:
Fulmen wrote:
I lift […] to reach perfection.

Wow. Let me know when you get there. :wink:

A lil poke poke.[/quote]

That is some funny stuff. Fulmen, either that is a quote from someone else much bigger than you or you have some badass short man syndrome.

every day is a process of mastery. I control the outcome completely. There is no mental chatter, this is my time to fall within myself and workout lifes demons, and disatisfaction. And renew my love with process.

THe ability to work out at different planes of frequency always has been interesting to me as well. What do I mean by that. Well feeling what 500 lbs feels like deadlifting, vs how military lbs feel, vs supersets, vs dropsets.

Its not like most typical sports were your always playing at or against one common resistance level. Only football can compare but not many of us get to do that.

Plus it works out my anger inside.

Every thing else is just a beneficial side effect but if I were to stop making progress I would still always workout no matter, the situation.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
WeaponXXX wrote:
Why do you do it?

For myself, and because this guy would do anything to be in any one of our positions:
http://cjcphoto.com/can/
[/quote]

I saw that video awhile back and I got choked up. That is so motivational. Good Post Man!

I noticed when I got more active, girls talked to me more and looked at me differently.
So I started lifting weights.

And now I’m addicted. Also, few things feel better than hitting a new PR.

-Gendou

Fear of Mediocrity

Hope to be Superhuman

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
Fear of Mediocrity[/quote]

Bingo.

My health = my motivation

I spend some time in hospital unable to move and THAT was my time to think… And get motivated.

All the cool kids are doing it.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
WeaponXXX wrote:
Why do you do it?

For myself, and because this guy would do anything to be in any one of our positions:
http://cjcphoto.com/can/
[/quote]

amazing

[quote]WeaponXXX wrote:
cool. i was bullied at school and the reason i work out is because

1)i want to get big,strong and tough enough to beat the shit out of people who try to walk all over me

[/quote]

This is what made me really take lifting seriously. But it is the wrong attitude to hold onto. You’ll find that as you get bigger, those that used to push you around won’t, and you won’t have to keep a chip on your shoulder. Bullies pick on those that they perceive as weak and vulnerable. Once you do not look weak, you will not be a victim. Stay humble and grow.

At first it was low self esteem. I found peace in improving myself and at least being good at one thing!

Now I always come back after a slide because I hate mediocrity.
I would rather die than be average.

In my everyday life my body and mind feels so wrong when I miss workouts for to long that I end up feeling sick and depressed.

But that is not at the core of why I work out, I need to better myself, because I am sure that once I become complacent I will die.