What motivates you to bodubuild/improve your body?

As John Roman pointed out, bodybuilding is usually a healthy lifestyle. But one reason he didn’t mention is that to stay as young as possible for as long as possible.

Most “weekend warriors” have to give up basketball and football when they’re in their 40’s because of injuries. All that’s left for recreation is a little tennis and golf.

The iron game is keeping my muscles and joints strong and healthy for decades longer than the sedentary or “weekend warrior” population.

Example: I played tackle football on Thursday (no pads), and was raring to go again on Saturday - not many 40-year olds would be up for that.

Plus I have the strength and energy to help my neighbors move, and play basketball on lunch. I still get sprained ankles and strained hammies occasionally - but I heal like when I was 25 (and I’m pretty sure it’s because of the weights). The other 40+ guys (and most of the 30+ guys) get knocked out for a month or more by an injury that takes me less than a week to recover from.

I don’t want to FEEL old before I have to. I don’t mind losing my hair, and getting a few wrinkles - as long as I can still do the things I enjoy. That’s why I lift!