What more can I eat?????

it looks like you need to eat more carbs and definitely you need more fats. increase the carb contect in your workout and post workout drinks/meals and in your breakfast, add fruits and veggis for the rest of the day.
also, increase your fat contect in most of your meals except the post workout meals. and have at least 2 meals of P+F (protein and fat. let’s say you’ll gonna have 8 meals a day). drink lots of water and try to increase your total calories, protein, fats and carbs.

ok, as i guy who used to be your size, and at 6’2" and 182 I still consider myself to be skinny, the last thing you have to worry about is getting fat. I had the same mindset, “I wanna get huged and ripped and have wicked sexy abs.” Well, I dropped that mentality very quickly. You goal should be to focus on eating as much as you can, and to eat clean. As an example my winter break was 6 weeks, because of rugby I was about 168 or so, after those 6 weeks I was 180, with almost no visible fat gain. How’d I do it?? I ate like a damn haus. That simple, eat a lot!! Patricia has the right idea, but I will tell you to read these 3 articles right now:

Just do the calculations, and gradually build up to your required caloric requirements. Basically try to up your diet by 250-500 cals per day every week until you can handle eating lots. Hope all that made sense. Here’s to us skinny bastards trying to get big!!

I love this forum and I love you guys!

that just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling all over :slight_smile:

BeDz- a couple of eggs don’t equal a good protein shake with some natural PB thrown in. 2 eggs have 14 grams of protein whereas the shake should have at least 40 grams w/o the PB added. Throw in the PB and your over 50gms plus the added benefit of all those extra calories.
My .02

Your right musl…

I was thinking calories not protien. So eat four eggs instead!

But I think the general point that we should be making is that food, real bonifide food is much better, much healthier, and much tastier than any supplement. Protein powder should only be used when necessary (and for me it’s only for PWO) and when bulking eat food not powders.

RIT Jared and Fast&Furious are right on the nose with fats. What are you trying to build when building muscles? At the most basic/molecular level, it is our CELLS. All of our body’s cells’ outer membranes are made up of a LIPID BI-LAYER, so we need LOTS of essential fats to support this, in addition to protiens, carbs, water, vitamins, minerals, energy (calories),etc. Just think of the things in your body that you are trying to support and what kind of nutrients they require, read the literature, and go for it.