What Metallica Song is This?

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:
Look at the song I posted. Then look at the words he wrote down.

Chippy will rape you.[/quote]

Chippy can suck my balls, along with Tim and Eric, those pathetic bastards who keep ruining Adult Swim.

Hell, it could be Ecstasy of Gold.

If it is, then Split sucks at giving song clues.

TEoG does not “start out” with “hey eyy …”

Its also almost ALL instrumental, and the original version has NO vocals whatsoever.

It just seems extremely unlikely that Split is referring to one of the other live versions of TEoG, while giving misleading clues “starts out with” and NOT mentioning that there are NO other vocals.

Goddamnit, why the fuck am I arguing about this on a fucking Friday night…going to kill self now.

I
Am
A
Loser

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Sad But True?

[/quote]

X2

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:
Look at the song I posted. Then look at the words he wrote down.

Chippy will rape you.

Chippy can suck my balls, along with Tim and Eric, those pathetic bastards who keep ruining Adult Swim.

Hell, it could be Ecstasy of Gold.

If it is, then Split sucks at giving song clues.

TEoG does not “start out” with “hey eyy …”

Its also almost ALL instrumental, and the original version has NO vocals whatsoever.

It just seems extremely unlikely that Split is referring to one of the other live versions of TEoG, while giving misleading clues “starts out with” and NOT mentioning that there are NO other vocals.

Goddamnit, why the fuck am I arguing about this on a fucking Friday night…going to kill self now.

I
Am
A
Loser[/quote]

Come on, dont beat yourself up, we can get threw this together.

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:
It could be Ecstacy of gold. It has a building beat.

I think this is probably it as well. I’m not sure which version you posted… this is off of a tribute album to Ennio Morricone.

For whom the bell tolls - S&M disk 2 version

This is gay. Mostly because I have every Metallica song ever recorded by them on my computer; they are my favorite band ever, and I can’t think of what song he’s talking about especially considering he insists it’s not “I Disappear.”

Another notable mention was “For Whom the Bell Tolls,” as James frequently incites the crowd during this song with a “HEY! HEY! HEY!” in the beginning.

OP: do you have any other lyrics, or information in general that you can give?

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:

YEEESSSS!!! This wasn’t a contest but you win! Honestly I had no idea what song it was as I had never heard it before and I only caught the first minute or 2 and its been driving me crazy since. Thanks man. Ecstact of gold ftw!

Man this song is so good. If I was some sort of cage fighter this would definitely be my entrance theme.

[quote]Split wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:

YEEESSSS!!! This wasn’t a contest but you win! Honestly I had no idea what song it was as I had never heard it before and I only caught the first minute or 2 and its been driving me crazy since. Thanks man. Ecstact of gold ftw![/quote]

Well Goddamn, BlackLabel was right. That’s some damn uncanny music deciphering skills.

Finally this is over…I was going insane.

[quote]MeinHerzBrennt wrote:
This is gay. Mostly because I have every Metallica song ever recorded by them on my computer; they are my favorite band ever, and I can’t think of what song he’s talking about especially considering he insists it’s not “I Disappear.”

Another notable mention was “For Whom the Bell Tolls,” as James frequently incites the crowd during this song with a “HEY! HEY! HEY!” in the beginning.

OP: do you have any other lyrics, or information in general that you can give?[/quote]

I also was going to say, a live versian of for whom the bells toll.

listen to this one.

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
Split wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:

YEEESSSS!!! This wasn’t a contest but you win! Honestly I had no idea what song it was as I had never heard it before and I only caught the first minute or 2 and its been driving me crazy since. Thanks man. Ecstact of gold ftw!

Well Goddamn, BlackLabel was right. That’s some damn uncanny music deciphering skills.

Finally this is over…I was going insane.
[/quote]

No kidding, me too. I was just stumped…and then I saw Split’s avatar.

so this is the 'tallica song?

dude, I love metallica but its odd how a band can become so rich and famous and sucessful being a cover band.

not trying to start an argument here, just saying.

lol at the thread, Hetfield says hey in every single song…ever that and OOOOOOOOOOO YEAH HA!

[quote]MaddyD wrote:

dude, I love metallica but its odd how a band can become so rich and famous and sucessful being a cover band.

not trying to start an argument here, just saying.[/quote]

And who have they been covering?

I’m mildly ashamed that the one guy with a metallica avatar here didn’t figure it out first.

OP: Glad you found your song, but those were some real crappy hints you gave =)

[quote]MeinHerzBrennt wrote:
MaddyD wrote:

not trying to start an argument here, just saying.

And who have they been covering?[/quote]

well besides diamond head,queen,this guy that composed TEOG which was written in 1966
ummm who else I cant think off the top of my head right now sorry.
would you like to to list them? as far as song name and original composers?
I am not knocking them at all I have been a metallica fan since the 80s.
but to think that the work they do is original is a bit naive

yes they have alot of original works but most of their stuff are covers,damned good ones but covers none the less

I’ve never listened to diamond head or a lot of the bands that Metallica were influenced by during their garage years, so maybe you know something I don’t.

Garage inc aside, and a few covers I may be forgetting, i’m not sure how you can say that “most of their stuff are covers.”
Elaborate?

Anyone using the term “'tallica” is a tool. Sorry Maddy.

I never heard of Ecstasy of Gold before. It’s awesome. Jay Z used the same melody in his song “Blueprint 2” (and the same song used in that Troy Polamalu vs LT commercial). Is this origninal work by Metallica or did they both borrow it.

EDIT
Nevermind it’s a cover of a song by Morricone, I believe.

I fucking love Metallica.