What Matters to You?

Ok I have been reading and supposedly our fossil fuels are burning out. What happens when we have no gas for vehicles and everything that we rely on and take for granted goes away. No more planes? No more cars no more anything?

What would happen if everything we take for granted went away? Scary to think that maybe that will happen.

I think we would all have to become farmers again. All of us strong people would be ok but the elderly and the fat people would have problems with it.

Any opinions or ideas on this?

Yea I’d be military on horse back protecting people. There would be a lot of rioting.

Well, I don’t think we are just going to wake up one day and all the gas will be gone. While I sometimes question it, humans are fairly good at adapting to their environment. We would manage somehow. It’s going to take more than the current “energy crisis” to send us back into the dark ages.

Necessity is the mother of invention. Society as we know it will not grind to a halt if/when we run out of fossil fuel. Instead, great minds will (and already are) work to develop alternative fuel sources and – hopefully – make themselves an assload of money in the process.

Have we learned nothing from Waterworld?

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:
Have we learned nothing from Waterworld?[/quote]

Kevin Costner still hasn’t taken acting lessons?

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Natural Nate wrote:

Of course we have! We’ve learned that it’s much easier to filter piss to taste like water than to filter salt water into a drinkable substance.

[quote]SSC wrote:
nephorm wrote:
Natural Nate wrote:

Of course we have! We’ve learned that it’s much easier to filter piss to taste like water than to filter salt water into a drinkable substance.[/quote]

We also learned that melting polar ice caps will cover 99.9999% of the earth’s surface in water - rather than raise the ocean level around 20 feet.

We also learned that melting polar ice caps will cover 99.9999% of the earth’s surface in water - rather than raise the ocean level around 20 feet.[/quote]

Ah hyped up science.

Love it.

Just wait until the Zombies come. Then we’re in big trouble.

And not the slow, dumb ones either, The smart, sprinting ones.

And since they’re decomposing, they are probably depleting the ozone layer even faster by just walking around.

I’ll be in my fortified bunker.

Yes.

Dennis Hopper will be in any movie if the price is right.

[quote]Gerg wrote:

And since they’re decomposing, they are probably depleting the ozone layer even faster by just walking around.

I’ll be in my fortified bunker.[/quote]

Me and Gerg will be in the fortified bunker. When it night time comes, we go searching for food to steal and women to kidnap.

Has noone heard that fossil fuels is actually squeezing out in perpetuity from the depths if the earth ? It was even in the wall street journal… reservoirs they tought were empty have had “veins” filling them up again.

Man people will beleive anything written in the school geophysics book as if it was the word of god.

Covering 99% of the earth ? They forgot that the earth is growing at an increasing rate, and that 10 miles deep granit plates cannot fit under few miles basalt sea plates, thats children’s physics, don’t you people care ?

Bunkers wont help you, if we have an energy crisis, it will be because electricity won’t circulate anymore because our atmosphere stops having a charge due to building magnetic forces and solar flares, this is not far fetched. If you are in a bunker when this happens, you will blow up.

Namase !

[quote]Gerg wrote:
Natural Nate wrote:

Yes.

Dennis Hopper will be in any movie if the price is right.[/quote]

He still kicks ass though.

Gerg wrote:
Natural Nate wrote:

Yes.

He still kicks ass though.[/quote]

True. One of my favorite “over the top” guys. Except now he does retirement commercials. Which kinda makes me sad.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Gerg wrote:

Me and Gerg will be in the fortified bunker. When it night time comes, we go searching for food to steal and women to kidnap.[/quote]

Um, thats when the Zombies come out…

We’ll shut in like Heston in the Omega man; except we’ll have X360 and playstation 3 running on the generator. Zombies hate video games. They don’t have the manual dexterity anymore.

And our DVD collection would be awesome! Really, who would be minding the stores?

Good Times!

[quote]Ahuae wrote:
Bunkers wont help you, if we have an energy crisis, it will be because electricity won’t circulate anymore because our atmosphere stops having a charge due to building magnetic forces and solar flares, this is not far fetched. If you are in a bunker when this happens, you will blow up.

Namase ![/quote]

Don’t harsh my mellow.

[quote]Gerg wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
Gerg wrote:

Me and Gerg will be in the fortified bunker. When it night time comes, we go searching for food to steal and women to kidnap.

Um, thats when the Zombies come out…

We’ll shut in like Heston in the Omega man; except we’ll have X360 and playstation 3 running on the generator. Zombies hate video games. They don’t have the manual dexterity anymore.

And our DVD collection would be awesome! Really, who would be minding the stores?

Good Times![/quote]

Hellz yeah!! And all the free beer we want!!! I call dibs on Budweiser.

[quote]Gerg wrote:
Natural Nate wrote:
Gerg wrote:
Natural Nate wrote:

Yes.

He still kicks ass though.

True. One of my favorite “over the top” guys. Except now he does retirement commercials. Which kinda makes me sad.[/quote]

When I see that commercial I keep hoping he goes, “You gotta live your dreams! …NOW DON’T JUST STAND THERE - KILL SOMETHING!!!”

[quote]Gerg wrote:

I’ll be in my fortified bunker.[/quote]

See, if they are the 28 Days/Weeks/Months/Years zombies, we are all fucked. But if they are the usual slow moving retarded zombies, that is basically my idea of a good time.