What Makes You Not Trust Someone?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
For real. I could care less how someone checks for dirt under their nails when it comes to trusting them. There are very few people that I actually trust anyway and that is because they have proven to not just be living for themselves and we have been there for each other time and time again over years. They have PROVEN they can be trusted.

For the record, one of them never drinks alcohol. I guess that would mean some here wouldn’t trust him…even though he is literally one of the most truthful people I have ever met.

Most people are living completely for themselves. They only speak to you because they feel they can get something from you. Types like that can never be trusted. Sadly, that is what makes up the majority of the people on the planet.[/quote]

QFT (Quoted for truth)

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
My old man used to tell me that he would never trust a man with a weak handshake. I’ve come to not trust a man that crosses his legs at the knees. My buddy doesn’t trust a man that checks for dirt under his nails with the palm down. Anyone else on here have an irrational reason to distrust a person?

mike[/quote]

All of those are feminine characteristics.

My psych teacher was talking about gender differences one day then asked everyone to “check their fingernails”. The girls turned their palms down, and the guy’s palms were facing them. All of the men except for the flamboyantly gay guy, that is.

I think what most people are getting at is that when the shit hits the fan, they wouldn’t want to be with someone who has a limp wrist, checks his nails like a girl, and doesn’t drink. That’s someone I personally wouldn’t want to depend on to have my back when times get hard, either.

Trust is dependent on what you’re trusting the person with though. There are people I trust in certain situations but wouldn’t trust in other situations. It’s rare that you find someone you can trust in all situations.

when someone is a doctor

Anyone who believes they do not need to know, for they already know.

I don’t trust anyone that can bleed for days and not die.

I don’t trust people that compliment me too much. No one rambles on with commpliments unless they are trying to get you to like them.

Also, I don’t trust people that tell you they’re good at something- if they really were good, there would be no need to say so, because you would already know and they would likely have confidence enough to not have to tell you.

[quote]KombatAthlete wrote:
Also, I don’t trust people that tell you they’re good at something- if they really were good, there would be no need to say so, because you would already know and they would likely have confidence enough to not have to tell you. [/quote]

I dont trust people that do back to back…

posts.

[quote]PGA wrote:
QFT (Quoted for truth)[/quote]

I dont trust people who say something in an abbreviation, and then type out the full length version of it. The full length version is shorter. Plus, QFT is retarded and will never stick.

As for trusting people, how they cross their legs or check their nails is retarded. You trust people who earn your trust, and you dont trust those who havent earned it. Its as simple as that.

Like someone said before everyone starts at zero and I generally try to have the highest opinion from there that the evidence will intelligently allow.

It also depends on what I’m being called upon to trust them with. I’ll trust a complete stranger to hold the door for me if I’m carrying a heavy box in to my job, but I can count on much less than one hand the people I’ve met who can be trusted if money is involved at all.

As far as telltale mannerisms? That is just boneheaded over generalization.

I dont trust people i dont know that well or dont see on a regular basis.

Usually those two types of people are the ones most likely to abuse your trust. Even people you knew well who you havnt seen in a year change, or have changed their opinion of you such that they think they can get away with it.

If you KNOW someone well enough that you know where they CANT be trusted you can then set an adequate distance and get along fine.

I think its more important how you handle it, if someone breaks your trusts and gives you a bullshit reason that “justifys” their actions you should cut off any trust. Don’t even argue, it wont ever be their fault.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
escot4 wrote:
I don’t trust people who have no sense of humor. It makes me think they’re evil and/or stupid.

What happens if you just aren’t funny?[/quote]

I’m not talking about people who don’t laugh at what I say (if that’s what you were implying). I’m talking about people who barely ever laugh at anything.

don’t trust hackman!

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Plus, QFT is retarded and will never stick.

As for trusting people, how they cross their legs or check their nails is retarded. You trust people who earn your trust, and you dont trust those who havent earned it. Its as simple as that.[/quote]

QFT is already a common saying on many internet boards.

as for your comment. QFTMFT (Quoted For The Mother Fucking Truth)

[quote]jonny40 wrote:
I don’t trust anyone that can bleed for days and not die.[/quote]

damn, you beat me to it

People who are rude to waiters.

[quote]PGA wrote:
posts.[/quote]

That made me laugh!! I guess you can be trusted,

but I cannot.

The only person on this Earth that I’d trust with my life is my brother. Because the guy has proven himself time after time.