What Makes You Laugh at the Gym?

the one inch leg press

Pretentious cretins who overanalyze those around them and don’t mind their own business.

This shaved-headed Indian dude who wears Ghandi glasses, an under-armour top, and pale purple ballet tights. He literally prances and twirls around the gym.

He’ll do pullups and it’s not good enough for him to just let go and land after his set. No, no! He has to land in an artistic fashion, hop, twirl 180, and land in an expressive pose.

It’s one of those things where it’s so out of place you’re not 100% sure it’s actually happening.

ElbowStrike

the squat rack curls thread

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:
This shaved-headed Indian dude who wears Ghandi glasses, an under-armour top, and pale purple ballet tights. He literally prances and twirls around the gym.

He’ll do pullups and it’s not good enough for him to just let go and land after his set. No, no! He has to land in an artistic fashion, hop, twirl 180, and land in an expressive pose.

It’s one of those things where it’s so out of place you’re not 100% sure it’s actually happening.

ElbowStrike[/quote]

Does your gym have hand rails mounted on the walls?

just askin.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
Does your gym have hand rails mounted on the walls?

just askin.

[/quote]

LOL!!!

I can relate, though. Years ago, a gym I frequented had a huge dude who obviously practiced ballet. He was always doing the jumps and spins in front of the mirror. It was disturbing because the dude was huge.

straight bar curls on a bosu ball.

I saw a guy doing these the other morning and it was the funniest looking thing I have ever seen. He only had a 5 and a 2.5 on each side, but no collars, so as he wobbled, so did the plates. Eventually, one of the 2.5’s falls off, his balance goes to hell, the guy leans to the other side, dumps the plates off that side and stumbles off the ball and almost into the squat rack LOL Mind you, this was at 6:30am, so I was half asleep, which made it extra hilarious.

When my dog sniffs the chalk bucket and sneezes.

Farts. Farts are always funny.

DB

[quote]Contrl wrote:
Pretentious cretins who overanalyze their those around them and don’t mind their own business.[/quote]

I concur I’m too busy doing my own thing, only time my attention is diverted from my own thing is when I hear a loud bang

[quote]tedro wrote:
When my dog sniffs the chalk bucket and sneezes.[/quote]

AWESOME! My dogs do that shit too, it’s like the first time they’ve ever seen it each time so they have to get a little sniff, then sneeze for 5 minutes. Good times.

when people turn lat pulldowns into rows.

the guy that gets on the assisted chin-up machine, but only lowers/raises his knees

the guy that said he’ll just do cardio to lose the weight, then worry about putting on muscle

people who stumble and almost fall off the treadmill

people talking on the cellphone while doing cardio

[quote]dday wrote:
tedro wrote:

AWESOME! My dogs do that shit too, it’s like the first time they’ve ever seen it each time so they have to get a little sniff, then sneeze for 5 minutes. Good times.

[/quote]

HA!! My two older dogs know better but the puppy does it damn near everytime. Good stuff.

the young and first timer who doing squat with 2 or 3 (45) plates on each side and do the ONE INCHES SQUAT…Seems they dont see the guy next to them with same weight but almost touching the floor with his butt!!

The old guy benching across from me in runner’s shorts…exposing what looks like molded meatballs.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
The old guy benching across from me in runner’s shorts…exposing what looks like molded meatballs. [/quote]

Might I ask why on earth are you looking?

[quote]tedro wrote:
When my dog sniffs the chalk bucket and sneezes.[/quote]

catch a vid of that please, the thought of that is the first thing to make me laugh today.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
The old guy benching across from me in runner’s shorts…exposing what looks like molded meatballs.

Might I ask why on earth are you looking?[/quote]

Come on,man…its not like I was looking for his balls. You never caught a glimpse of something you want to forget?? Besides,the gym has the benches and other equipment facing each other…I blame them…lol.

I laugh at my gym’s personal trainers.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
dday wrote:
tedro wrote:

HA!! My two older dogs know better but the puppy does it damn near everytime. Good stuff.[/quote]

Do they really know better, or did they just read it in a Dave Tate article?

I just started lifting at home this week, so she’s only done it once. Hopefully she’s smart enough to not do it again.