What Makes You Feel Alive?

-Conquering any thing that scares the shit out of me.
-Stealing time from the reaper.
-Any epiphamy.
-Any success that took more smarts, skills and determination than I thought I had.
-Getting completely stupid with some crazy friends.
-Incredible sex.
-Complete stillness.

Rolo.

simple

1. listening to “Klavier” by rammstein
  2. seeing chicks in short shorts
  3. playing with my niece

-Reaching a goal of any kind
-When I feel like my boyfriend really wants me
-Seeing other people finally get what they’ve earned (watching hard workers having hard work pay off)
-A compliment from a complete stranger who is actually being sincere
-My puppy

This may sound a little bit negative compared to everybody else’s motivations but here goes:

Have you ever had girlfriends (maybe intimate or just friends) that really fucked you over or just totally took advantage of you? The kind that toy with your mind, talk shit to you, treat you like shit, basically the epitome of a bitch. These girls that I’ve known in my life are my motivation. I’ve even come up with a little acronym for it whenever I need a little motivation: B.F.T.P. (Bitches From The Past) Whenever I’m layin in bed at 5:30 in the morning and I have to go to the gym to workout before a 10 hour workday, I just say to myself, “BFTP.”

These girls may think that they’re better than you or that they’ve “one upped” you in whatever situation it may be. My motivation with these girls is that someday when I’m on the top of my sport, and everybody sees that I’ve made it, they’ll feel really shitty for treating me really shitty back in the day. They’ll think “hmm, maybe I shouldn’t have fucked him over way back when. Maybe I should’ve been nicer to him.”

Maybe you guys are thinking “Holyshit, this kids got a lot of teenage angst pent up inside of him.” And maybe thats true, but as Tupac said himself, “revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy.”

And my girlfriend motivates me (in a good way). :slight_smile:

[quote]chrismcl wrote:
This may sound a little bit negative compared to everybody else’s motivations but here goes:

Have you ever had girlfriends (maybe intimate or just friends) that really fucked you over or just totally took advantage of you? The kind that toy with your mind, talk shit to you, treat you like shit, basically the epitome of a bitch. These girls that I’ve known in my life are my motivation. I’ve even come up with a little acronym for it whenever I need a little motivation: B.F.T.P. (Bitches From The Past) Whenever I’m layin in bed at 5:30 in the morning and I have to go to the gym to workout before a 10 hour workday, I just say to myself, “BFTP.”

These girls may think that they’re better than you or that they’ve “one upped” you in whatever situation it may be. My motivation with these girls is that someday when I’m on the top of my sport, and everybody sees that I’ve made it, they’ll feel really shitty for treating me really shitty back in the day. They’ll think “hmm, maybe I shouldn’t have fucked him over way back when. Maybe I should’ve been nicer to him.”

Maybe you guys are thinking “Holyshit, this kids got a lot of teenage angst pent up inside of him.” And maybe thats true, but as Tupac said himself, “revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy.”

And my girlfriend motivates me (in a good way). :)[/quote]

I dig that bro, and I can relate! When I’ve been in the gym ready to hit a hard set of squats for some internal motivation I will remember a certain women that played with my heart and let the bitter memory fuel my lift.

I ran into said women at an event in my hometown recently. I was with some fellow bros, who lift and are in good shape. We were talking to a group of lovely very attractive ladies laughing having a good time. I saw this women out of the corner of my eye just clocking the whole situation.

I can’t deny it gave me a sense of sweet satisfaction!

[quote]chrismcl wrote:

And my girlfriend motivates me (in a good way). :)[/quote]

I think just about every guy here can relate man. I’m going to start using your BFTP as motivation too. Good call…

-Looking in the mirror and being able to smile because you know you’re not a hypacrit or a liar, and dont get off on making others lives miserable. basically being able to smile at who you are.

-The feeling you get when you help someone else, mentally, physically, athletically, emotionally, whatever. Its great.

-Love.

-Those moments when you walk out of that weight room sore as hell because you lifted the monster of a 100lb deadlift, or 500lb deadlift (depending on how big you are :P)

-Suceeding in your sport. Nothing better when you got 45seconds left in a wrestling match and your trailing by 5, to come back and win by 1pt as the final seconds of that clock tick away.

BFTP works man. I remember one time I was really pissed at this girl that fucked me over and I was thinking about her the whole time as I was working up to a 1RM on the bench. Blew my PR away by like 20 lbs.

Another time I was talking to an ex-girlfriend and for no apparent reason she just started telling me her St Patrick’s Day story about how she banged this guy three times in one night and how fuckin unbelieably spectacular the sex was and how ripped and built he was. I remember as I felt the blood starting to boil in my veins all I could think about was getting my ass to the gym to bang some plates around.

I know what you mean. BFTP.