T Nation

What Lift Do You Get 'Pumped' Over?

Ok easy, straight forward, fun Q: What lift do you look forward all week to doing? So much so that the day b4 your just like “Man I cant wait till tomorrow!” I would assume it is what ever you feel your best at.

For me It Squats!! I love leg day!! I look forward to doing Deads as well but not like Squats.

Now I know some one will say something like ’ You should approach every day the same" Bla bla bla. Thats not what Im getting at.

WHAT GETS YOU PUMPED!?

While Im at What music gets you pumped? Me its Godsmack more specifical “I Stand Alone” But I also like the new Avenge Sevenfold song 'Almost Easy"

Squats definitely get my body pumped, but my brain gets a pump from heavy deadlifts.

I love doing shoulder DB presses. It’s usually after a good warmup and several sets of laterals, and my whole arms just get all swole and puffy looking. Being able to watch myself in a mirror also fires me up when training. Seeing the muscles straining and thinking “yeah man, I’m one bad Muthaf*cker!” -lol

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I love doing shoulder DB presses. It’s usually after a good warmup and several sets of laterals, and my whole arms just get all swole and puffy looking. Being able to watch myself in a mirror also fires me up when training. Seeing the muscles straining and thinking “yeah man, I’m one bad Muthaf*cker!” -lol

S
[/quote]

Oh my, supersetting DB presses and lateral raises in a drop set (yes, supersetting both in a drop set) just made my shoulders explode at one point.

Squats, no doubt. Something about them just makes me get pumped up.

As for music? Either welcome to the jungle, or Stricken by Disturbed.

Bench Press, and Curling haha.

Squats and DB bench.

I like dips a lot.

Squats do it for me and narrow grip bench press. Music; anything by AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Guns and Roses. Radar Love by Golden Earring is a particular favourite. Guess I just gave my age away now. haha.

I absolutely love my localized rest sets- using a single arm standing dumbbell press left side superset with a single arm seated row left side…repeated right side. The feeling is amazing!

I’ll be honest, I use to hate squats and leg day because I enjoy the way upper body workouts make me feel. But leg days are growing on me. Especially when I get home and shower and see how my legs have really grown since I started doing 2 days per week with legs.

But Rowing is my thing that gets me pumped.

PS I love that song Critical Acclaim from Avenged Sevenfold

Pullups in silence!

Every monday which is officially a chest day.

A good set of T-Bar Rows gets me pumped. As far as music goes, at the moment ‘Smashing Pumpkins - Zero’

Deads. 10 sets of 5. Last week during set 5 the bar cut my shins up…blood dripping down my leg soaking my sock. Just got me more fired up.

Add in Saliva’s ‘I Walk Alone’ and I’m bulletproof.

Right now the lift that gets me pumped? The lift going on in mattkov avatar-wow

But for a more serious answer for me it’s the back width movement(a cable row that’s hard to describe) I do each back session. The pain is incredible and it’s really a test of my fortitude to add weight each session and hold that nasty stretch before each rep. It’s the looking at my logbook and seeing X weight for X reps and adding weight and reps each time or die trying.

Song wise- Something that always gets my ready for an all out set is Roll Right by Rage Against the Machine.

[quote]HASSANJAHID wrote:
Every monday which is officially a chest day.[/quote]

I got to have my MP3s going. my gym pumps that crappy XM shit!! Makes me want to drop the bar on my neck when I do Bench…j/k

[quote]mattkov wrote:
Deads. 10 sets of 5. Last week during set 5 the bar cut my shins up…blood dripping down my leg soaking my sock. Just got me more fired up.

Add in Saliva’s ‘I Walk Alone’ and I’m bulletproof.[/quote]

I just stared at your avatar for about 2 minutes, thanks!
I agree with big weight deads.
As far as music goes, Chevelle, Rage, and Slipknot are my top choices

I like doing Chins and pull ups. I was never able to do them before this past year, so it still gets me pumped.

Deadlifts–working up to a three or five rep max also gets me fired up.

Lunges.

But not just normal lunges…these are lunges you do after back squats AND front squats. Love them.

Close second would have to be 20 rep squats, which I’ve put back into my program recently.