What Lead You to T-Nation?

About 4-5 years ago there was an Ian King “Get Back in Shape” Series in Mens health. That was my introduction to lifting and then searching the web for Ian’s name I found T-Mag!

KraigY

T-Nation articles are frequently linked on several german boards in order to spread new information or to back up discussions.
So afer some time i read more and more on T-Nation, and now i check the site several times a day.

Hell yes, I’m a forum junky and spend way to much time on boards :slight_smile:

Living in Wyoming back in 2000, there were not a whole lot of people to share ideas with about lifting and growing… so I hopped on the net and did some serious surfing. I found this site and was hooked!

Then my priorities changed and I turned into an endurance runner (for a while there I was clocking 20 miles a day) and I drifted away from the site… recently I decided to change the emphasis of what I was doing so I had to get back to this site just because it rocks! The writers here really seem to know their stuff and the people who post here seem very willing to spend time helping others with constructive input.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Same here. That was back when the “.net” thing was new so I just typed it in to see what would pop up. That was years ago. I only stayed because I agree with a lot that TC had to write about…even though I won’t hesitate to point out what I don’t agree with. While this site has grown, it has almost lost the hardcore aspect that it originally had. I don’t know about anyone else, but I am truly tired of some aspects of training being analyzed to the most minute detail when the person just started lifting and what they really need is enough motivation to work hard enough to actually sweat in the gym.
[/quote]

and as a side note, before coming to T-mag I was addicted to a little place called “Faith Sloan’s Bodybuilding Forum”…remember that Prof?

End of 2000. googled the word testosterone, this site was listed

internet serendipity

[quote]Warrior Spirit wrote:

and as a side note, before coming to T-mag I was addicted to a little place called “Faith Sloan’s Bodybuilding Forum”…remember that Prof?[/quote]

Yeah, I do. I was a freshman in college. Who are you? I pretty much made most of my original progress on that site and Flexonline for a while. What amazes me is how an internet community can actually relate on personal levels that would even last for that long. I used a different name on that board.

I was looking for nutrition information about which foods were bad and which foods were good and I found an article on this site called “The Good Stuff” but i cant remember who wrote it. I really liked the article so i became a member of the site.

I found link to here on a Finnish bodybuilding board. I’ve actually been off here for quite a long time. You know, I’ve got so much business to do in my home country Finland =D.

[quote]sugarfree wrote:
Only thing I learned from Men’s Health message board was to come here.[/quote]

LOOOOL!

One of my friends sent me an article on something (can’t remember what) back in '99 or '00. I saw “testosterone.net” in the credits at the end, went to the site, read an Atomic Dog and the rest was history.

I still access using testosterone.net - I can type it faster than t-nation.com!

Elitefts

[quote]flynniec6 wrote:
One of my friends sent me an article on something (can’t remember what) back in '99 or '00. I saw “testosterone.net” in the credits at the end, went to the site, read an Atomic Dog and the rest was history.

I still access using testosterone.net - I can type it faster than t-nation.com![/quote]

Mozilla Firefox → Quicklaunch Bar → 1 Click and T-Nation opens :slight_smile:

I was surfing the web for info related to my panty sniffing fetish and a link came up to one of TC’s editorials…

Seriously though, I was doing a search for info on Louie Simmons and Westside. This has been my favourite site ever since.

I don’t remember the exact year, but I was registered before they kept records of registration date. Curiosity lead me to do some searching in the archives and I had my first Reader Mail posted in issue 123 (that I can find ~ and I didn’t use an alias).

I was at a small supplement shop (not a chain) and saw a Testosterone poster (the blue man with his arms out). I said, “What the hell is that!?!?” The sales dude said that it was the greatest website on the internet. Now, five years later, I have spent more time on this site than any other single site. I’ve probably spent more time here than all other sites combined.

Side note: I ran a quick search to find some of my first correspondents with TC, and one was 8/30/2000. That was back in the day…

'99. I had my first “real job” (read peon with lots of free time) with internet access, so I was constantly searching the net. A guy I worked with got evicted and I let him move in with me…he was a bodybuilder (I still remember how bizarre it seemed that he took protein powder, I thought, you don’t need that kind of stuff until you’ve really maxed out your potential)

So I searched the web for bodybuilding and steroid info and found an article I really liked by a guy named Nelson Montana. I still remember being at work on Friday afternoon hitting the refresh button all afternoon hoping the articles were posted early enuff for me to kill the rest of my afternoon reading.

[quote]jackzepplin wrote:

Now, five years later, I have spent more time on this site than any other single site. I’ve probably spent more time here than all other sites combined.
…[/quote]

Ditto.

My wife came home from a doctor appt. 4 yrs ago. She was 135 when she joined the local gym and at the appt weighed in at 165. She came home extremely upset. I of course was a couch potato not doing anything physically either.

Went for a walk in the local mall, entered a book store, saw BP’s BFL book, we bought, read it, and did it. Starting searching internet for like minded people, found a website that had a post with a link to Merry Christmas Bob and the rest is history…