T Nation

What Lead You to T-Nation?

I was a MM2K reader and follow the hardcore staff on their new adventure.

It keep me working on my english and I hope to make some friends here to travel around america and maybe the world!

Since I’m with the NSCA I want to go at some conference and save money on lodging lolll And if you are a girl and love french accent and a below 10% bodyfat so come in Quebec! It’s freezing but we are hot loll

Stop kiding, nice staff, nice info , nice forums !!!

Vous ?tes les meilleurs!

Harry , 40 , alive and kiking!

I was posting in some group thing on MSN about lifting weights and read someones random post which had a link to this site. oh man! i have not gone back ever since! this is IT!

Was a fat bastard trying to lean down… looking into low carb dieting details via Google.

Ran across some articles discussing carbohydrates and nutritional factors and slowly got converted from a sheeple to a T-people.

Now I’m mostly just a bastard.

[quote]Monsieur Net wrote:

Since I’m with the NSCA I want to go at some conference and save money on lodging lolll And if you are a girl and love french accent and a below 10% bodyfat so come in Quebec! It’s freezing but we are hot loll
[/quote]

You want a girl with below 10% bodyfat? I guess there must be something appealing about a stoppage in her menstural cycle. Not quite my cup of tea.

Got referred to the site by a friend in July last year. Started reading and haven’t looked back since! I also realised how much time I had wasted with bad training programs a few years before when I had a heap of time to train whilst at uni, e.g. I hadn’t been told what a proper deadlift was until I read T-Nation! Now I am limited to 3 times per week but at least I know how to make the most of each session.

Only thing I learned from Men’s Health message board was to come here.

From Berardi’s website.

I used to sit in front of the computer and read Berardi’s site every nite. Now I spend my hours “watching” baseball play-by-play and reading all the rediculousness on T-Nation.

[quote]hoosierdaddy wrote:

You want a girl with below 10% bodyfat? I guess there must be something appealing about a stoppage in her menstural cycle. Not quite my cup of tea.

[/quote]

I think he was asking if any girls like guys (referring to himself) under 10% bodyfat.

Sorry hoosier, I’m not nice to you tonite : )

Hey, this really took off. very interesting responses from everybody.

cool to see that Mens Health has stuff in it that leads to T-Nation. so i guess its good for something besides swissball crunch variations and fasion tips. (ok so im a former subscriber :slight_smile:

P.S.
SouthernGirl, is that your picture? if so, WOW.

good friend of mine, matt, told me about it around their very first issues. i think i only missed like the first ten, but ive been around ever since. i have no idea if he posts here or even reads this, but he showed me the ropes of training and whatnot.

things just would not be even close to the same if i had not found this place.

I ordered some stuff from an online company and they threw in a paper copy of T-Mag. I thought it was just about steroids so I toss it aside. One day I picked it up and started reading it, and got on the website, learn all kinds of stuff, and the rest is history.

I used to read Darden’s website, classicx.com, way before it turned into drdarden.com. I found out his site was maintained by Testosterone, plus they were producing a meal replacement for him at the time.

He had links to Testosterone, so I started checking it out. I was lucky to find it in its first year, and have seen it grow from what it was. I have learned so much that I am worried I talk about what I have learned from here so much that I might be getting on people’s nerves.

I was on a different forum and someone posted a link to “Merry Christmas, Bob”. That’s all it took.

Sterno

I was fortunate enough to have found the site when it was Testosterone.net (online issue #1.) I actually found it by accident. I just typed in the web address to see what it was, and then I got hooked. I had just started lifting at the time and realized that this site had so much more than any BB mag that was out on the market. I’ve been reading (viewing) it ever since.

[quote]Warrior Spirit wrote:
I was fortunate enough to have found the site when it was Testosterone.net (online issue #1.) I actually found it by accident. I just typed in the web address to see what it was, and then I got hooked. I had just started lifting at the time and realized that this site had so much more than any BB mag that was out on the market. I’ve been reading (viewing) it ever since.[/quote]

Same here. That was back when the “.net” thing was new so I just typed it in to see what would pop up. That was years ago. I only stayed because I agree with a lot that TC had to write about…even though I won’t hesitate to point out what I don’t agree with. While this site has grown, it has almost lost the hardcore aspect that it originally had. I don’t know about anyone else, but I am truly tired of some aspects of training being analyzed to the most minute detail when the person just started lifting and what they really need is enough motivation to work hard enough to actually sweat in the gym.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
While this site has grown, it has almost lost the hardcore aspect that it originally had. I don’t know about anyone else, but I am truly tired of some aspects of training being analyzed to the most minute detail when the person just started lifting and what they really need is enough motivation to work hard enough to actually sweat in the gym.
[/quote]

I agree that it has lost some of its hardcore appeal, but then again, Testosterone.net (T-Nation) is growing quickly, and as a business (selling supplements), sometimes the hardcore agenda is too much for some and doesn’t appeal to enough audiences. It would be great if it could remain hardcore, but with so many people finding T-Nation on a regular basis, it may not be possible. Especially since many come from other fitness sites and have no training experience.

I do agree about things being analyzed too much around here (especially lately). If beginners (and others) stuck with compound exercises and just worked hard and strived to lift heavier weights and progress through time, many of the minute details wouldn’t be such a big deal.

I’m another men’s health convert. It’s actually not too bad for beginners - the hard-body plan and testosterone advantage plan are actually fairly worthwhile (mostly compound exercises - not too much foo-foo) - I acutally learned about overhead squats from them. Anyway, just as I was getting to need more info I was searching the forums and was lead to Berardi’s website for the Massive Eating article. I read a bunch over there before seeing that just about all of his articles were first published at T-mag. Been trucking through the back-logs and making great physique progess ever since.

to Professor X and Nate Dogg re: hardcore:
I’m not sure if I understand what you mean. Are you referring to the magazine itself and what they’re publishing now, or the kinds of people that read it? Are you saying all the beginners keep it from being hardcore? Or is it the excessive info?

I was hooked after buying a paper-based magazine.

The rest is history.

jaystyles

[quote]goldin wrote:
to Professor X and Nate Dogg re: hardcore:
I’m not sure if I understand what you mean. Are you referring to the magazine itself and what they’re publishing now, or the kinds of people that read it? Are you saying all the beginners keep it from being hardcore? Or is it the excessive info?[/quote]

There is nothing wrong with information. Knowledge, as cliche as it sounds, is power…it is also half the battle if you ever watched GI Joe, but that’s beside the point. For instance, in one thread where a poster is measuring every microscopic aspect of his training and using it as a journal, another poster logs in and states that he has never trained more than 3 months in a row because as soon as he starts to see progress, he quits. The following posts imply that he should follow the same strategy as Mr. Anally Restricted, buy the same book and start measuring his fecal waste to determine how much was actually consumed and used for anabolism. Wrong answer. The poster needs to develop some nuts, quit bitching out in the weight room and learn some discipline and consistency.

many, many moons ago my gym had a copy of the paper mag. The rest is history.

Prof X, right on…