WHAT KIND OF SHIRT??

Gabe…I get nothing out of the Karin DD that I have…and I am training with the Nazareth barbell group, so I am getting the best schooling around. I have the Inzer DD which is a little easier to use, but, I have used it in training only 4x, so I will use the old Inzer poly at my meet on the 24th of this month. To answer your question, the groove for the Inzer is more for those that bench bodybuilder style, which is how I bench. I think though that working with someone that knows how to use the shirt is the way to go…whichever denim shirt you use.

check my log used the fury today…bm

JRR thanks for the feedback on the Karin DD. Steve B you said you liked the FURY much better than the DD. What were the differences in your experiences with the two shirts? Also what bench style do you use?

Gabe, I have never used an Inzer denim myself but have trained with guys who did. To me it seems the trick in getting denim to work is getting the fit right. That is where Karin shines. She will dial your shirt in. It make take a alteration or two but once it it tweaked just right it is awsome. I have worn many inzer polys, both doubles and singles and I really did not like them at all. I tried a double phenom and almost bombed at nationals. I switched back to my fury for the 3rd attempt and crushed the weight! And then 2 weeks later I was working with the phenom in the gym and it blew. I was not impressed. I think the Phenom works if you bench higher on your chest with your elbows flared. So for poly I think the fury cannot be beat. It is a great shirt and very user friendly.

I just ordered a fury. BM what size did you get. My chest is 50 and the lady said i needed a 52.

I got a 50…its preety tight though…its harder to touch in it then my denim was…i will probally go down to a 48 come meet time…but a 50 is very close to a meet fit on me…i also am about to start gaining weight here real soon this diet bull shit is for the birds…dude youll love the shirt…big m

Goldberg also if you think the shirt is too big i would send it back imeditelty and do no work in it…because i just found this out yesterday about the shirt…you cant tell if the shirt is too big until you go down to about 1 board in it…it gives tons and tons of pop off the chest…so off two boards it feels like a denim from about 2 boards on and it is easy to get down to the 2or3 board range in the shirt because it gives less pop in the lockout portion than most polys… but it floats around and blasts off the chest like nothing i have felt because it forces you to keep tuck due to the sleeves… and it is easy to keep your form in the shirt becuase it keeps you tucked automatically…so try to work up a medum triple off 2 boards say 315 or 335 or so something easy that you can keep form with and then take it down to 1 board for a triple if it goes down to easliy the shirt it too big…i am going to do all my work in this shirt off foam-1board-2 board and hammer my lock out raw because it gives very little through the top like other polys do…also i dont know what fed your in but roll the sleeves up about 1/2 inch it gives a little more through the middle and top when you roll the sleves…big m

i would like to thank apwsearch…he was dead on in his info about the fury…thanks for the help…everything you said was head on…thanks

Juts curious about the 52…I was told to get a 52 as well…what sh. & ch, arms measurements got her to figure that out for you?
Mine were 48 ch, 54 shoulder (i think) and 17.5 bi. Somehow that equals size 52, but I’m worried as I never get it right on the 1st try.

How tight is it supposed to be? I was able to get the shirt on by myself. I know the stretchy back makes it easier but is it supposed to be that easy? The arms are fairly tight and just trying to go through bench press motions left some good marks on my arms. Does this sound right or do I need a 50?

Goldberg, I know you are not a newb, so temper my response accordingly. There can be a big difference b/t getting it up on the arms, and getting it to seat. If you are able to get it to seat (seams flat against the pits, back seams pulled around behind the shoulders) it sounds like the sleeves are too loose. The best way to seat the shirt is to push the cuffs just past your elbow, pull it on, squeeze your shoulder blades together, have your training partner grab on both sides behind the shoulders pulling in, and you swim the butterfly like you mean it. Follow this up by putting your hands up one arm at a time on an upright, gripping it with a straight arm and have your partner work out any wrinkles in the sleeves, and repeat the swim. Hopefully this makes sense. PM me if you like. Glad I could help, Martin. Now get out there and kick some ass…heh.

So between this forum and a few others it seem that the FURY is winning out over the phenom and Inzer and Karin DD.

Gabe, I don’t know if I would go that far. Once I get something to touch, I should be getting about 100lbs or possibly more out of my Karin.

mine was preety easy to get on but the chest plate is very tight and the sleeves take the primary amount of time to get on…the shirt must be belted in because it is very loose in the tummy and the stretchy back also causes it to be loose in the mid-section and ride up on the neck so belt the fucker down hard and high…i think youll just have to give it a try…based on your bench numbers if 315 or 335 comes all the way down to 1 board or your chest easily the shirt is too big…in my shirt it takes about 390 or so to get it to truly touch…if the shirt is really tight in the chest pannel and you roll the sleves up about a 1/2inch-1 inch the pop off the chest and the carry through to lock out are awesome…give it a try…big m

I just put it on again and I think its way too big. I have alot of material in the underarm area and I cant get it on by myself very easily. I think I would be better off with a 50. I should at least need help getting it on.

oh yea if you can get it completely on by yourself it is to big…the sleves should be the hardest part and there is no way in hell i could get my sleeves on by myself…big m

B.M.,
Have you tried useing plastic bags to help get those sleeves on over the elbow with your fury?They kind of work like suit slippers for a squat suit.I tried plastic grocery bags poked a hole in them reached through the bag and put the handle part around my thumb.My partner said it was much easier to get the sleeves over the elbow with the bags.Pull the bags out when the sleeves are where you want them.This may help you.I have this idea about arm slippers that i may try by getting a pair of kids nylon type leotards with foot sti rups and cut the legs off the length of the arm and use them as slippers for my bench shirt.What do you think?Try the bags first.

thats a really good idea…i am going to give it a try definately…your idea sounds marketable …the only thing i could think off is the fury is the only shirt i have used where the sleeves are a problem getting it on…hell i dont care though the way that shirt has performed so far i would do any thing to get it on lol…big m

Yeah, bags work great as long as you can get them out when finished. Which can be challenging when sweaty. Nothing like having a frickin’ plastic bag stuck in the sleeves that you can’t get out. I just use a pair of small suit slippers and a little powder. Works like a charm.

plastic bags suck, well unless you like having them stuck under the shirt.

What I did was get my wife to sew up 2 nylon sleves, then put some webbing on the bottom for handles. I coat myself in talc, slip these on, put the shirt over and it goes on easily. Then just pull on the handle to get them out

My first meet is in March, AAPF Nationals in Vegas. I don’t know shit about shirts, suits, etc. Double denim, single poly, wtf? Help a brother out. Need some advice for first meet.

Should I stick with single or double first time around?