T Nation

What Kind of Pants?

Hi all -

So I just started working squats and deads again in april/may. Because of the time of year, I’ve been wearing shorts. Up until today.

Well, I put on my biggest pair of jeans. And they feel very small. The waist is plenty big, but my thighs barely fit.

So, this begs the question: What do you guys wear? What brands/styles fit your giant beefy legs? Though my legs are not yet giant and/or beefy, they’re certainly rapidly becoming both giant and beefy.

Zubaz

I hear you. I loved Levi’s 501s but they’re designed for skinny legs. Try on as many pairs as you need to find a good fit but don’t expect alot of variety. If the pants are comfortable in the thigh they tend to be baggy everywhere else. The textile industry caters to the masses (pun intended). Wait till you have to buy a suit… No more off the rack once your chest is 8" bigger than your waist.

BTW, if anyone knows of good sources of clothing that fit athletic builds, please chime in!

How does having beefy legs co-incide with your climbing endeavors?

They hamper me, thus leaving me to be a lowly trekker…

Anywho…

I wear (don’t laugh) Arizona boot cuts, or Old Navy boot cuts. Both seem to have the right kind of bagginess needed for stumps.

Also, becuase of the work I do I bought a couple of pairs of Dickies for when I have to work in my workshop or have to go do some field work. I can honestly say they are really fucking comfortable as well.

GAINER

[quote]elevationgain wrote:
How does having beefy legs co-incide with your climbing endeavors?

They hamper me, thus leaving me to be a lowly trekker…

Anywho…

I wear (don’t laugh) Arizona boot cuts, or Old Navy boot cuts. Both seem to have the right kind of bagginess needed for stumps.

Also, becuase of the work I do I bought a couple of pairs of Dickies for when I have to work in my workshop or have to go do some field work. I can honestly say they are really fucking comfortable as well.

GAINER
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Actually, my climbing is way more impeded by my out of shape forearms and fingers than my extra leg weight. Once those get into better shape, I’ll let you know :wink:

Levis Carptenter jeans are the only type of jeans I can get over my legs with out buying 2 sizes up in the waist. Dress pants now there’s an adventure only type I can fit into are Claiborne because they are loosier in the thigh

AE Loose Fit are the best for me.

I’ve tired Levi’s, GAP, Nautica, CK, Tommy and others. NONE of them fit me right. Too tight in the ass or crotch for my tastes. Once I found that the AE’s fit, I bought three pairs with the quickness. That reminds me, I need to get some more.

Levi’s Silvertab and carpenter jeans.
Old Navy carpenter jeans.
Mostly loose carpenter jeans. Slacks are impossible.

What you really need are a pair of tiger striped clown pants, MC hammer style. They have plenty of breathing room. Not only will you look cool, you’ll also can strut in those duds, give people mean looks and be a real hardass. :slight_smile:

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1128569963706.Hammer.jpg

Thanks,now all I can hear in my head is that damn song

Stop, hammer time!

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1128570374066.mc_hammer.jpg

2 legit 2 quit.

GAP worker fit jeans 2" larger at the waist than what you’d normally wear. For example, I normally wear 34x35 dress pants, but for jeans, I wear 36x34.

I’ve found Levi’s 560s to be a good fit for me. They’re cut loose fitting in the legs.

I like Bullhead, you can snag two pair for $50 and the material feels thicker than most of the ones you would find at a department store.