What Kind of Job Could I Find?

[quote]MementoMori wrote:

[quote]admbaum wrote:
Do like nearly all college students do, wait tables. Depending on the location, you could make nearly 100/night if you can make people like you. I bussed tables during high school and make about 60-80/night in tip-outs from the wait staff, which was 1% of each waiters/waitresses tips so you know they were making some money.

Life is tough, but you’ll survive.[/quote]

You were making 1% of sales. Not tips. Were it tips and your servers were making average money (120 a shift) you would need to have worked with about 50-60 servers during a given shift.

[/quote]

This was about 16-17 years ago and my memory is kinda foggy from back then.

Salesman, pay your dues and shut up. I’m doing the same thing.

I was talking with a friend at work, hes a cook and also a security guard at the mall, he was formerly a supervisor there but released the title and now only works 1-2 days a week. No prior experience required and constantly hiring new people…he started when he was 20.

Being a large guy I think I might have a chance, even if I work the night shift for a month or two. I was also thinking of a security job at six flags (amusement park) either way it would provide security experience and a gateway to a better job and a great paying job. I know the mall job pays very well and the amusement park job pays higher than min wage.