T Nation

What Kind of Eggs Do You Eat?

Cheapest? Brown? Naturally raised? Added Omega 3’s?

I’ve always eaten the ones with Omega 3’s, but just bought some brown ones to try out. It probably doesn’t matter too much.

EDIT: Just googled and read a couple links stating that there is no nutritional difference between brown and white eggs.

I eat normal brown eggs just for cost.

Fuck man, the other day I went to the store with the intention of buying one carton of omega 3 eggs and one carton of regulars so I could use the whites. It turned out that the omega 3 were cheaper than the regular eggs. And this has been a common occurrence since. Fucking ecoomy and the cost of groceries.

So to answer, I just buy all omega 3 now.

[quote]mazevedo wrote:
Fuck man, the other day I went to the store with the intention of buying one carton of omega 3 eggs and one carton of regulars so I could use the whites. It turned out that the omega 3 were cheaper than the regular eggs. And this has been a common occurrence since. Fucking ecoomy and the cost of groceries.

So to answer, I just buy all omega 3 now. [/quote]

How do they get more omega 3’s in them? What do they feed the chickens?

I get omega 3 eggs 90% of the time. Wanted to try brown. Won’t again now that I know they’re the same as whites.

I think they feed the chickens flax seed and I buy omega 3 eggs too.

I throw out the whites and only eat the yolks.

What’s with white eggs? I’ve only seen them in the US and not here or in SA.

I eat organic eggs, sometimes with extra omega 3’s, but mostly because they taste better to me.

The larger/cheaper eggs for cost.

White Jumbo eggs.

Go big or go home =)

20 eggs for 79p/1$50cent

is what i eat.

Ostrich eggs, I wish…

Always ate regular brown eggs my whole life. Then switched to Omega-3 enriched a few months ago and they taste way better, and only cost a few cents extra.

Cage-free free to roam chicken eggs. Usually mix with raw milk and make raw milk-egg protein shakes mixed with some cinammon and stevia.

I eat Omega-3 enriched Tyrannosaurus Rex eggs.

Wal-Mart has a 30-pack of eggs for under $3.00. large, white eggs. Can’t beat that price when Omega-3 eggs are around $4/dozen

Only difference between brown and white eggs is the type of chicken that lays the egg!

But i buy whatever is cheapest and here in Canada its either the brown or white eggs. I’ll buy the Omega 3’s if i plan on eating the whole egg.

I had a source for free range chicken eggs for the first few months of summer. $1.25/dozen.

Now it’s back to the cheapest eggs.

[quote]mazevedo wrote:

So to answer, I just buy all omega 3 now. [/quote]

Ditto. I used to get the cheap plain white eggs because they were like $0.85/dozen. Now I buy nothing but Omega-3s and egg white cartons because the omega-3 eggs are pretty much the same price as regular eggs, about $2.80/dozen.

omega 3 eggs.

omega-3 eggs are about $1-1.50 more here than regular eggs

Chicken.