What Kind of Dog I Got...

I posted a while back about some input on what kind of dog to get. Well, I rescued a white boxer that is 2 years old from a local shelter. His name was Hercules, it is now Cracker.

Here’s a video:

This is my new Weim, she’s three. We got her from an abusive home, her original name was princess but she’s too clumsy to be a princess so we renamed her Maggie

[quote]Chewie wrote:
Here’s a video:

RickRoll'D - YouTube [/quote]

Ouch! That hit me right in the freakin eye.

congratulations to you guys who take in rescue dogs and save them from abusive homes.

dogs deserve the best.

[quote]mclemorejohn wrote:
I posted a while back about some input on what kind of dog to get. Well, I rescued a white boxer that is 2 years old from a local shelter. His name was Hercules, it is now Cracker.[/quote]

A white boxer in Alabama named Cracker? No further commentary needed…

Speaking of new dogs, here’s my 6-week old purchase I just made this past weekend:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
This is my new Weim, she’s three. We got her from an abusive home, her original name was princess but she’s too clumsy to be a princess so we renamed her Maggie[/quote]

I had 2 Weimaraners (enjoy trying to get people who aren’t familiar with the breed to understand what you are saying) for a total of 16 years. Incredibly smart, loyal, loving, protective dogs. Our oldest was so close to us it was seriously the same as losing a family member when she finally died. That was 15 years ago and to this day I still have dreams in which she is alive and I am amazed and thrilled that she is still with us.

Dogs are such terrific creatures. I cannot possibly get my head around how anyone can possibly like cats better. And I have owned 2 terrific cats. Dogs are as close to human as animals get, and their love is perfect and unadulterated, as is their loyalty.

Btw the OP’s dog looks really sweet and cute, too. Good on you for rescuing him. Enjoy the years, they go by far too quickly.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Chewie wrote:
Here’s a video:

Ouch! That hit me right in the freakin eye.[/quote]

damn it. that’s the 2nd time in a week.