T Nation

What Kind of Cheese on a Bulk?

Hi, I am a skinny guy trying to put on weight. Should I add any cheese in my diet, and if so, what are the best types and brands?
Thank you

That ones you like.

Seriously, I hate american, though I know some people who will eat american slices as snacks.

I’m a fan of goat cheese, whole milk mozzarella balls, sharp cheddars, smoked gouda, havarti, or what ever else tastes good. I’ve even been known to brie now and then.

[quote]trb wrote:
Hi, I am a skinny guy trying to put on weight.Thank you[/quote]

Eat the one that allows you to eat the most of.
Mainly EAT MORE.

nonfat cottage

There are so many kinds of cheese available

I myself am a huge consumer of cottage cheese today and hadn’t even tried it six months ago. I use feta in salads. Of the harder cheeses I usually eat gouda or edamer since they’re often on sale. There’s so many different kinds of cheese that I seldom buy, but do like. Now I’m hungry, excellent.

If it doesn’t bother your digestion, go for it.

eat all of them that you like
part skim mozz is great as a neutral flavor, calorie to protein ratio it’s the same as 2% milk
potatoes + eggs + cheese = muscles

[quote]Michael Crehan wrote:
If it doesn’t bother your digestion, go for it.[/quote]
This ain’t no shit…I’m on lactose pills lmao

Cottage…

[quote]trb wrote:
Hi, I am a skinny guy trying to put on weight.[/quote]
From a recent thread:

Started a thread about which brand of beans to buy. Started a thread about what kind of cheese to buy.

Thoroughly overfocused on small, relatively-insignificant details while seemingly neglecting the bigger, more important factors like training and overall diet.

What, exactly, did you eat yesterday?

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]trb wrote:
Hi, I am a skinny guy trying to put on weight.[/quote]
From a recent thread:

Started a thread about which brand of beans to buy. Started a thread about what kind of cheese to buy.

Thoroughly overfocused on small, relatively-insignificant details while seemingly neglecting the bigger, more important factors like training and overall diet.

What, exactly, did you eat yesterday?[/quote]

A: “Any kind of cheese you mix with steak and potatoes”

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]trb wrote:
Hi, I am a skinny guy trying to put on weight.[/quote]
From a recent thread:

Started a thread about which brand of beans to buy. Started a thread about what kind of cheese to buy.

Thoroughly overfocused on small, relatively-insignificant details while seemingly neglecting the bigger, more important factors like training and overall diet.

What, exactly, did you eat yesterday?[/quote]

A: “Any kind of cheese you mix with steak and potatoes”
[/quote]
hahaahahahahahahhahaahaha

HOW did I know I would find Steely here hahahahaahahahhaahahahaahahah

Take a steak put mashed potatoes on top, then add American Cheese, then top with another steak. Eat and enjoy.

Gruyère

It’s the bulking cheese

[quote]trb wrote:
Hi, I am a skinny guy trying to put on weight. Should I add any cheese in my diet, and if so, what are the best types and brands?
Thank you[/quote]

Aged cheeses tend to be easier for people to digest who have dairy intolerances (sharp cheddar, blue cheese, etc).

If you are bulking you should not fear full fat cheese - or animal based fat in general.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]trb wrote:
Hi, I am a skinny guy trying to put on weight.[/quote]
From a recent thread:

Started a thread about which brand of beans to buy. Started a thread about what kind of cheese to buy.

Thoroughly overfocused on small, relatively-insignificant details while seemingly neglecting the bigger, more important factors like training and overall diet.

What, exactly, did you eat yesterday?[/quote]

A: “Any kind of cheese you mix with steak and potatoes”
[/quote]
hahaahahahahahahhahaahaha

HOW did I know I would find Steely here hahahahaahahahhaahahahaahahah

Take a steak put mashed potatoes on top, then add American Cheese, then top with another steak. Eat and enjoy.[/quote]

BAHAHA!

SHHH!! You’re givin’ out the secret recipe!

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Take a steak put mashed potatoes on top, then add American Cheese, then top with another steak. Eat and enjoy.[/quote]

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Take a steak put mashed potatoes on top, then add American Cheese, then top with another steak. Eat and enjoy.[/quote][/quote]

Full.Of.Win.