T Nation

What I've Picked Up Along the Way

Hey guys first a little about myself, I’m 19 years old, have been seriously training for two years and plan to compete in my first meet this summer. In the gym I’ve hit 465/300/520 but not on the same day. Also I’m about 200-205 lbs. Basically I know more about powerlifting and getting big than all of you.

The number one-rule in getting big and strong for powerlifting is hypertrophy and bodybuilding type work is foolish. One second you’re doing tri- kickbacks and then before you know it you’re posing on a stage in a banana hammock with grease all over you. Not cool.

5/3/1 is also the only program anyone should be doing and in no-way will ever cause an injury. But you should make a tiny variation to it and make it 3/2/1. Wouldn’t wanna crawl into the bodybuilding range.

my thoughts on training, nutrition, exercise selection that shouldn’t mean anything to anyone because I’m 200lbs and haven’t even competed yet, yada yada yada

end rant/

Solid roll bread.

Sounds Legit

SInce were ranting, I have been looking for a raw “quest 600lbs deadlift” thread. Anybody know of one and if not is there anybody that would like to get in on one if started? Figured we could back it up with vids.

end of rant/question

[quote]tattoo’d’popeye wrote:
Sounds Legit

SInce were ranting, I have been looking for a raw “quest 600lbs deadlift” thread. Anybody know of one and if not is there anybody that would like to get in on one if started? Figured we could back it up with vids.

end of rant/question[/quote]

Well… I just pulled 500… but it’ll probably be a couple of years barring injury before 600 rolls around but I could post vids of mini goals along the way.

lol. just realized it was a reply to that bb post… gj

he cant be serious. how can you disrespect powerlifting/olympic/strongman type training like that!!!?

most successful bodybuilders have a strong background in powerlifting too!

how ignorant

[quote]gorangers0525 wrote:
Hey guys first a little about myself, I’m 19 years old, have been seriously training for two years and plan to compete in my first meet this summer. In the gym I’ve hit 465/300/520 but not on the same day. Also I’m about 200-205 lbs. Basically I know more about powerlifting and getting big than all of you.

The number one-rule in getting big and strong for powerlifting is hypertrophy and bodybuilding type work is foolish. One second you’re doing tri- kickbacks and then before you know it you’re posing on a stage in a banana hammock with grease all over you. Not cool.

5/3/1 is also the only program anyone should be doing and in no-way will ever cause an injury. But you should make a tiny variation to it and make it 3/2/1. Wouldn’t wanna crawl into the bodybuilding range.

my thoughts on training, nutrition, exercise selection that shouldn’t mean anything to anyone because I’m 200lbs and haven’t even competed yet, yada yada yada

end rant/

[/quote]
This is a lot to take in do you think could capitalize the most important parts? Could you also upload a video of your 520# deadllift? Of course if you want to remain anonymous you could upload a video of someone else deadlfting 520 and thats fine.

One of the things I really like about the powerlifting forum is that there generally aren’t threads like this.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
One of the things I really like about the powerlifting forum is that there generally aren’t threads like this.[/quote]

QFT

Troll threads are meant for the bbing forum, not here OP

Truth…but I lol’d a bit

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
One of the things I really like about the powerlifting forum is that there generally aren’t threads like this.[/quote]

word

What in the fuck has happened to this forum? Is this really how we want to be?

[quote]detazathoth wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
One of the things I really like about the powerlifting forum is that there generally aren’t threads like this.[/quote]

QFT

Troll threads are meant for the bbing forum, not here OP[/quote]

Got it. I’ll let it slowly die with all the other threads now.