What I've Learned

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:

[quote]Johnny T Frisk wrote:

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:

[quote]red04 wrote:
Your work situation seems more like your managers exploiting you with the threat of demotion(or by ‘back bagging groceries’ were they actually implying they’d fire you so you’d have to go work at wal-mart or something?) than teaching you some valuable effort about WORKING YOUR HARDEST.[/quote]

I have worked in a grocery store since I was old enough to work. When I was 18 I switched into a much more difficult area of work inside that store. Since changing my work ethic, I now make significantly more than my coworkers doing the same job, and I get larger raises every six months.

It was worth it. I got a hefty raise, and higher scaling raises[/quote]

I’m curious what do you do in the store now?
[/quote]

Honestly, I do almost everything now. I’ve worked in every department except bakery, I work produce/cut fruit, deli, and meat department mostly right now. I spoke to my regional manager and he told me to try applying for a produce lead (assistant manager) when a job opens up close enough to where I go to school. I’m kind of waiting on that. He spoke to me about moving higher up after I finish college, but I’m not sure if I want to do that. It’s nice knowing I have some form of guarenteed employment when I graduate, but I dont think I want to spend a large chunk of my life being a store director.

I'm not worried about it, but I want to leave college with some kind of managerial experience.[/quote]

When I read about you saying you moved to a more difficult area in the store I immediately thought of the meat department since I’m working in that myself and know it the most demanding. That manager experience will be great, if for whatever reason any other career goals don’t work out its better to be able to fall back into a manager position then to fall into a bagger.

I refused to read that cause I was too busy getting drunk, fucking strange women, and being just all around awesome.