What I've Learned in Two Years

I’ve been training for only 20 months and the one thing I know more definately than anything else… is that I don’t really know anything in this game. Yet, in only two years under the bar there is one thing I have come to believe with a passion…

More is better.

I’m not talking 100 sets or 50 reps. But within reason, more gym time is better than less. I believe overtraining exists, I guess, but that undertraining is much more rampant. My argument is simple: 6 days of training is better than 5, 5 is better than 4, 4 is better than 3, etc.

I’ve tried a lot of things, but the one thing I’ve found to be true at least for me is the more I train the more I improve.

Discuss.

I work out 8 days a week.

[quote]GuerillaZen wrote:

Discuss.[/quote]

I hate when people end with that, it’s like I’m being commanded to do something. I do want to reply though, but I’m not your bitch. I agree with you to an extent. I try to work out as many DAYS as I can. That’s where I agree with you. I feel that people have the ability to work out 6-7 days if the nutrition is right and yadayadayada.But, I dont believe that they should spend several hours on those days.

From my personal experiece, when I have been in a rush at the gym, I have worked the hardest. if more overall work is done in the same amount of time, gains will be made. It’s all science. Check out one of my articles on my page about modern day progressions.

I hit each muscle group once per week and assign them to seperate days with the exception of delt and tris on wednesday, and quads, hams and calves on fridays.

I train intensley enough that Im sore for days and it would not be practical increasing the amount of times Im hitting each muscle. Id get injured…

In my case 5 days a week is perfect, 4 would be too little, 6 would be too much etc.

Point is find what’s right for you and stick with it.

I’ve learned that consistency is the only thing that WILL get you results. Talk is cheap.

I’ve learned what overtraining feels like; It’s when all my joints hurt. Overtraining is not good. Now I force myself to take days off. 3 days on, 1 day off. 2 days on, 1 day off. Repeat. Proper rest makes a tremendous difference.

I’ve learned being regimented outside of the gym is equally, if not more, important than the work I put in inside the gym.

I’ve learned that casein protein before bed is a Godsend.

I’ve learned that ego lifting will get you nowhere and makes you look like an idiot. Lifting heavy the right way will get you where you want to go.

I’ve learned that heavy is a relative term. Lifting heavy is a mindset, its a style, its a sensation, not a number.

I’ve learned a wide array of quips and retorts when people tell me that I look like I’m on steroids.

[quote]Big Aristotle wrote:
I’ve learned that consistency is the only thing that WILL get you results. Talk is cheap.

I’ve learned what overtraining feels like; It’s when all my joints hurt. Overtraining is not good. Now I force myself to take days off. 3 days on, 1 day off. 2 days on, 1 day off. Repeat. Proper rest makes a tremendous difference.

I’ve learned being regimented outside of the gym is equally, if not more, important than the work I put in inside the gym.

I’ve learned that casein protein before bed is a Godsend.

I’ve learned that ego lifting will get you nowhere and makes you look like an idiot. Lifting heavy the right way will get you where you want to go.

I’ve learned that heavy is a relative term. Lifting heavy is a mindset, its a style, its a sensation, not a number.

I’ve learned a wide array of quips and retorts when people tell me that I look like I’m on steroids. [/quote]

Couldn’t have said it better myself -lol

S