What is your training philosophy?

I don’t know any other endeavor where people disagree so much. Some people advocate lifting hard for 1 set and then taking aweek off. Others lift 6 times a week, getting over 20 sets per bodypart. No wonder people get confused. I appreciate what is on this site but I also can appreciate what other people say. If you were to ask me what is my training philosophy I really would have a hard time saying what it is. Do any of you have a slogan or philosophy you would like to share?

I have a slogan that I use when I hear people bitching about how inconvenient it is to eat 6-8 times a day or how they don’t have time to do this or that, etc. “HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT? THAT’S THE QUESTION!”

Chris, I think there is a time and a place for everything. If you go through Ian King’s 12 week programs, you will find yourself at various stages benching with a 10lb weight on each end of the bar to curling 45lb plates. Each phase is design to do a specific thing, such as develop anaerobic endurance and hypertrophy or develop raw power. I think all the various facets of muscular development should be developed for maximization of your physique.