What is Your Shoulder Measurement?

Like the “what is your waist measurement” thread, I think it could be interesting to see what kind of shoulder cirumference is common around here, especially among the bigger guys.
Clavicle width is of course a big factor here and not something you can do much about.

Myself I am a measly 53 1/4", up from 48" something when I first started lifting a little over a year ago. Of course, added chest and upper back mass will add onto this measurement due to the way it is performed.

Will holding a shoe increase or decrease my shoulder measurement

A related interesting question would be, What is your shoulder-chest differential?

I have rarely measured my shoulder circumference, as it is a difficult measurement to do on oneself and I don’t think it is very sensitive to detecting improvement in the shoulders. And at the current moment, I have no idea where my tape measure is.

Problem is, I can’t recall if when I did measure them quite a while back, the shoulders were 50" while the chest was 44", or did I set a near-term goal of 50" while being very close to it. Simply can’t recall, and haven’t done the shoulder circumference measurement since.

I have a suspicion this thread, though your question is interesting, won’t get very far as I think most do not measure their shoulder circumference.

Chest 48, shoudlers 57, arms 18, neck 17, legs 25, waist 41, weight 251,

I’m too fat, can’t wait to see what my measurement will be once I lost 30 pounds of fat. I’m aiming beginning of July. Maybe I’ll look like shit ans small, or still fat.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
A related interesting question would be, What is your shoulder-chest differential?

I have rarely measured my shoulder circumference, as it is a difficult measurement to do on oneself and I don’t think it is very sensitive to detecting improvement in the shoulders. And at the current moment, I have no idea where my tape measure is.

Problem is, I can’t recall if when I did measure them quite a while back, the shoulders were 50" while the chest was 44", or did I set a goal of 50" while being very close to it. Simply can’t recall, and haven’t done the shoulder circumference measurement since.

I have a suspicion this thread, though your question is interesting, won’t get very far as I think most do not measure their shoulder circumference.[/quote]

Yes, you are kind of required to have another person do it for you, which I guess is one of the reasons few people do it.

Arrgh, I can’t find my measuring tape!

[quote]toolshed wrote:

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:

Problem is, I can’t recall if when I did measure them quite a while back, the shoulders were 50" while the chest was 44", or did I set a goal of 50" while being very close to it. Simply can’t recall, and haven’t done the shoulder circumference measurement since.

I have a suspicion this thread, though your question is interesting, won’t get very far as I think most do not measure their shoulder circumference.[/quote]

Yes, you are kind of required to have another person do it for you, which I guess is one of the reasons few people do it.[/quote]

It isn’t that hard.

http://www.google.com/search?q=myotape&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

For what it’s worth I consider it to be one of the standard metrics that all aesthetic-minded lifters should make.

Also important to track is the shoulder:waist and chest:waist ratio.

Big shoulder girth isn’t too impressive if it’s accompanied by an equally large gut.

Also, height matters. Tall people have greater shoulder and chest girth without even trying.