T Nation

What is Your Favourite Lift and Why?

I. Love. Leg Presses. So relaxing and a real feeling of stability as I press the weights up and down. I work hard when I do them, by the way, I think it’s relaxing because I’m lying down.

Also enjoy very much a thing called a Total Hip Machine which has a wheel thingy you move with your legs, sideways and up and down. I always put more weight on it as I go. I find it easy to do but challenging as well - how far can I push it…and I really feel it in the legs when I’m done.
Also rather like the triceps curl, although that one - not so easy. I like the way it makes my arms feel.

Looking forward to getting back to some excercise after long illness and before I get ill again!

So…anyone…?

Those are lifts?

[quote]'nuffsaid wrote:
I. Love. Leg Presses. So relaxing and a real feeling of stability as I press the weights up and down. I work hard when I do them, by the way, I think it’s relaxing because I’m lying down.

Also enjoy very much a thing called a Total Hip Machine which has a wheel thingy you move with your legs, sideways and up and down. I always put more weight on it as I go. I find it easy to do but challenging as well - how far can I push it…and I really feel it in the legs when I’m done.
Also rather like the triceps curl, although that one - not so easy. I like the way it makes my arms feel.

Looking forward to getting back to some excercise after long illness and before I get ill again!

So…anyone…?

[/quote]

Nuff said I guess…

when do you do triceps curls and total hip? before or after your sets on the shake weight and ab circle pro?

Dude can curl his triceps, I wouldn’t mess with him bro.

Huh! so much for sharing.

Take the piss! You think I care?

And dude, I’m not a dude. I’m a chick.

So yeah, don’t mess with me and my tricep curls…dude!

[quote]benos4752 wrote:
Those are lifts?[/quote]

You’re right of course. I should have said “favourite exercise in the gym”.

I won’t be ready for real lifts for awhile.

nuffsaid wrote:
“And dude, I’m not a dude. I’m a chick.”

Glad I read that before making a comment about your gayness. Cheerio.

Still confused about the triceps curls? Troll?

[quote]The ShiZniT wrote:
nuffsaid wrote:
“And dude, I’m not a dude. I’m a chick.”

Glad I read that before making a comment about your gayness. Cheerio.[/quote]

LOL.

My favorite lift always changes based on a good session. Then I start to do my favorite lift too often and I start to hate it, and I get a new favorite. Kind of whorish, but it keeps things fresh.

How do you do a triceps curl? cable, dumbbell, or barbell?

My fav lift would have to be more than one:

1. KB Snatch
  2. Squats
  3. Deadlifts
  4. Weighted Close Grip Chins

Is the “tricep curl” that machine where you extend your arms like a machine bicep curl, just targeting your triceps?

I feel like the first post just set ‘females going hard in the gym’ back a couple decades :confused:

[quote]toots27mkc wrote:
How do you do a triceps curl? cable, dumbbell, or barbell?[/quote]

Cable at this point. Good for learning to control the movement - for me anyway.

been ill so haven’t gone for a while…

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:
Is the “tricep curl” that machine where you extend your arms like a machine bicep curl, just targeting your triceps?

I feel like the first post just set ‘females going hard in the gym’ back a couple decades :/[/quote]

I don’t think one tiny post from a woman having fun is going to set back any of the hardcore or even not-so-hardcore female lifters around here. The Tmen I’ve seen post have way too much respect for female lifters to joke about their commitment.

And though i know you’re kind of joking, if anyone really saw this post and saw it as an invitation to deride women in the gym, how could anyone take that person seriously?

And as I said - I should have put “exercise” rather than “lift”.

[quote]'nuffsaid wrote:
I. Love. Leg Presses. So relaxing…
[/quote]

I have plenty of words to describe how I feel during a lift but relaxing isn’t one of them.

My fav lift is a 12oz curl b/c I love beer…

[quote]'nuffsaid wrote:
I don’t think one tiny post from a woman having fun is going to set back any of the hardcore or even not-so-hardcore female lifters around here. The Tmen I’ve seen post have way too much respect for female lifters to joke about their commitment.
[/quote]

Hey! I totally joked about your commitment. No fair! You’re wrong though, we don’t have respect for people in the weight room selectively based on their gender…to me that sounds kind of sexist. Better to hold everyone to the same standards…judge commitment based on actions regardless of gender.

Power Snatch the most athletic,most comlplex,most explosive,most fun lift ;))