What is Your Diet? Honestly

Right now I am trying to cut body fat so I have been following Jay Cutler’s off season diet. I know a lot of guys incorporate cheat days but as of 3 weeks in and 24 pounds I have avoided them like the plague.

My Honest diet.

7:00A.M. 50 grams protein shake.
8:00A.M. 1 Cup Oatmeal w/8 oz 100% juice.
10:00A.M. 25 grams protein shake.
11:00A.M. First Lunch 8-12 oz meat, 1 cup brown rice.
1:00P.M. Second Lunch 8-12 oz meat, 1 cup brown rice.
2:00P.M. 25 grams protein shake.
4:00P.M. 50 grams protein shake.
6:00P.M. 75 grams protein shake.
8:00P.M. Dinner 12-16 oz meat, as much of 2 cups brown rice as I can down, w/some green veggie.
10:00P.M. 50 grams protein shake.

When I do snack it is either fruit, i.e. apples or bananas or a rice cake with a little PB. I try to limit my bread intake to none if possible and supplement with Ezekial bread when required. No milk, drink only water. I try my best to hit between 400 and 500 grams of protien a day. This is what I eat everyday and it varies very little.

What is your daily diet? Honestly.

It looks like you’re real low on veggies and fat. You keep carbs up pretty high towards the end of the day as well. Not a lot of variety either.

-dizzle

Looks like a lot of shakes and not a lot of food… Thats honestly how Jay Cutler cuts weight? I very, very highly doubt it.

Obviously if it is working keep at it, but from a “health” standpoint it looks like it could use a bit more food, particularly in the form of veggies.

My current diet is a blend of various different foods, if I had to list a daily grocery list it would look something like this:

Eggs, Cheese, ham, cottage cheese, peanut butter, veggies, fruits, protein powder, oateaml, salads, nuts, chicken and beef with seasoning. Every now and then I throw in some other stuff, but its fairly basic day to day.

2-3 lbs of meat.
1/2 lb of fish.
6 eggs. (12 on gym days.)
2 cups of oats.
A couple cups of nuts/seeds, and some berries.
Several handfuls of assorted vegetables. (cruciferous veggies get the most attention)
3-5 fruits.
3 glasses of whole milk and some cottage cheese.
Sometimes honey if I want something sweet.

= 4000ish calories.

Everyday.

For fats I eat almonds and the like. And yeah, that is pretty close to Jay Cutler’s diet. I can’t force feed the amount of carbs that he does but other than that it’s about on. I eat around 2-3 pounds of meat a day and upwards of 4 cups of cooked brown rice. That is about 160 to 240 grams of natural protien and in excess of 160 grams of carbs per day not counting my veggies at dinner. That is a ton of food. As for variety, meat means fish, turkey, chicken, beef, buffalo, etc. I do sometimes throw in sweet potatoes to replace the rice at dinner especially.

I try to have, in addition to everything else I eat, a burrito a day.

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
2-3 lbs of meat.
1/2 lb of fish.
6 eggs. (12 on gym days.)
2 cups of oats.
A couple cups of nuts/seeds, and some berries.
Several handfuls of assorted vegetables. (cruciferous veggies get the most attention)
3-5 fruits.
3 glasses of whole milk and some cottage cheese.
Sometimes honey if I want something sweet.

= 4000ish calories.

Everyday. [/quote]

Very similar mate, except for the fruit.

My diet for another 24 days is the V-Diet :stuck_out_tongue: with 4 meals a week :frowning: Meals prob being steak and salad drool :stuck_out_tongue:

calorie wise 1300 non training and 1600 training.

I log my ‘honest’ diet, cheats and all, daily here:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2149580

…and sometimes more in depth here:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2144267

My cutting diet
7:30 - Protein Shake (8 oz skim milk), 3 Tbs Natural Peanut Butter & Milled Flax Seed
10:30 - Protein Shake
11:30 - Orange & 1/8 cup mixed nuts
1:00 - Chicken Breast & 6 stalks raw celery
3:30 - 1/8 cup nuts
5:30 - 1/2 protein bar
6:45 (Training)
8:15 - Protein shake (same as above, no PB)
9:30 - Chicken, 2 cups romaine lettuce w/ Balsamic

Current Bulk:
1:4 Eggs, Protein Shake, 4 Slices toast & cheese + fruits

2:Couple handfulls of mixed nuts, fruits/vegetables + Protein Shake

3:Chicken/Salmon

4:Carbs of some sort (bread, yoghurt, etc) + Shake before gym

5:1st Meal after workout - Steak on roll + veg & salad / chicken & veg / 10eggs + veg / mixed beef with squash

6:Cottage Cheese & dark chocolate

OP, how much do you weigh? 500 grams of protein a day seems like way too much.

-dizzle

Today I ate this so far.

7:30 am:
1/2 cup egg whites/ 1 omega-3 egg
1 cup spinach
1/4 cup low fat cheese
1/8 avocado
1/3 onion
3 slices smoked turkey breast
2 kiwi fruits

10:30 am:
1 scoop choc. Metabolic Drive and 1/2 scoop banana Metabolic Drive
1 tblspn pb
2 tblspn light coconut milk
1 tblspn unsweetened dark cocoa powder
3/4 cup Hood milk
1 tablespoon milled flax seed
4 grape tomatoes

in another hour I will eat curry/coconut chicken with grilled veggies and some almonds, and maybe an apple. For dinner I will have some salmon with some more grilled veggies, and at about 8:00 pm I will eat some cottage chees and pb. This is a pretty good idea of what I eat daily, just a bit less right now as I need to lose a few pounds.

I weigh 249 lbs at 5’9". I am trying to cut body fat so I am on Jay Cutler’s variation of carb cycling except I never have a no/light carb day. I have medium and heavy carb days due to the amount of training I do as well as the types of carbs I am eating.

My bulking diet right now

Meal 1 - 1 cup of oats 3 eggs 1 tbps npb and 50 grams of whey isolate

Meal 2 - 2 chicked breasts with 1 cup of rice or pasta and some vegies

meal 3 - 2 tins of tuna or salmon with mayo and 3 whole wheat wraps

Meal 4 - pre workout 50 grams of whey and 2 onces of almounds

Meal 5 - post workout 50 grams of whey isolate 50 grams of maltodextrine 5 grams of glutaming and 5 grams of creatine

Meal 6 - 3 chicken breasts, 2 sweet potatos and a spinach salad. Jello pouding for deasert with whey protein powder in it!

Meal 7 - Pre bed 1 Cup of cottage chesse with 1 tbsp of npb and 50 grams of whey isolate.

4500-5000 calories

Cutting:

1. 6eggs, 1 tbsp EVOO. coffee w/ 2 tbsp cream.
  2. Half cup Flax meal, 3/4 cup peanuts, 1 scoop whey.
  3. 8 oz ground beef.
  4. 1 can tuna, 3 tbsps EVOO, celery.
  5. 8oz chicken, spinach, 2 tbsp EVOO.

200g protein. 3000kcal.

Would be lower, but I’m working 8-10 hours of manual labor each day, so my kcal’s went up.