What is Wrong with my Posture?

Hey guys this thread is me asking you guys to help me out with this my posture has always been a limiting factor for me in terms of sports and I feel I can’t continue to go to the gym like this with a real bodybuilding routine till I fix my posture so the issues in terms of posture I think I have are:

Winged Scapula
Internally Rotated Shoulders (Very Likely Because Of My Weak Upper Back And Prolonged Chest Work)
Extremely Weak Upper Back (At-least I think so my whole upper back in terms of rear delts and traps (excluding upper traps) looks weak as hell the only good thing in my back is my lats)
Anterior Pelvic Tilt (Looks like it)
Flat Feet (I didn’t even think it was necessary to post the flat feet pictures, my feet are flat without a doubt and always have been, doctor told me so, family told me so, when i wet my feet with water and stand on the floor there is no arch it is totally flat. it just goes in a v shape /
Externally Rotated Femurs & Feet (Curious because this can apparently happen to people with flat feet)

So here it goes:

Scapula Winging:

Phaggot6.jpg (154.76 KB, 1366x768 - viewed 104 times.)

Phaggot7.jpg (138.27 KB, 1366x768 - viewed 104 times.)

you, my friend, need to read the “Neanderthal No More” article series on this website. It’s a program designed to fix all your posture deficits.

that’ll sort you out.

I guess that first answer will keep you busy for some time.
I had a shoulder lower than the other and fixed it fast from a french author( Christophe Carrio ) getting 3 of his books at a librairy. Maybe a chrome google translation might help you(i am french speaking). His website

All the best !

Thanks for the reply’s! problem is… I have read the Neanderthal No More Series and it is of no benefit to me because I do not know what postural deficiencies I have so I may as well be wasting my time. I have done the tests but honestly there were a few I did not understand. It helped me point out that I have winged scapula, a weak upper back, an excessively loose upper back, tight pec minor’s and internally rotated shoulders but I think there is much more to it I can just not see all of my postural problems.

What I “know” I have so far:

Internally Rotated Femurs
Overly Tight Ankles and Calves
Winged Scapula
Weak Upper Back
Excessively Loose Upper Back
Tight Pec Minor’s
Internally Rotated Shoulders
Kyphosis (I think so)
Anterior Pelvic Tilt (I think so)
Forward Neck Posture (I think so)

Just read it and watched the video I don’t have that Tigerstick I think it’s called? or “The Stick” and I won’t be able to afford it and won’t be able to buy it, I saw it on bodybuilding.com a while ago but I won’t be able to buy it with shipping. (Personal Reasons)

Is buying resistance bands worth my time? may be a stupid question, actually I think I answered that myself. Although I don’t think I will be able to buy them at the moment because it is the same situation as above
^ apparently they cost $50 - 100 (I know many of you are thinking that is not much but in my situation it is) So basically this is what I have:

• PVC Pipe
  • Foam Roller
  • Stretching

If I find resistance bands for $30 or so I will consider buying them. Although many people have fixed their posture with the above so maybe that is all I will need.

By the way I live in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. I think I should just say it here since it would most likely be relevant in this thread, I didn’t take the registration seriously, I have a feeling it will come back to bite me -.-

OK i am willing to try to be helpfull since the " Neanderthal No More Series " is of no benefit to you. The author i mentioned wrote about 10 books over 10 years, 3 of them about self correction/adjusting/rehab. He competed top of France his country martial arts exhibits. Hurt himself a lot everyone he saw told him you seem fine so he traveled the world and learn a lot from many.

I live in Montreal, Qubec, Canada i liked a short visit to your country. Any chance a relation, neighbour would translate from french for you ?
I am a computer illeterate 55 yo, any chance of offering an other format, i could not see your pictures.
In north america we buy a set of 3 bands like raindow long flat band for about 13$(no handle). Some use them for pilates, i guess some yoga but also good for rehab i like them for rehab.
Each color mean light, medium, tougher resistance. By rolling 1, 2 or 3 times around each hand we adjust length and also resistance, a great investment.
The Tiger stick is used in combination with foam rolling i guess(i have none). You might know foam rolling videos are available on this site and on youtube.
Do you have access to a decent gym?
From time to time i will add stuff as i think about.
Do you know pull aparts ?
Meal time, later mate !

Canada looks like a beautiful place I love the snow and wilderness I want to move to there when I am old. I’m not actually Australian though I’m Croatian I moved to Australia when I was a few months old. I don’t know anyone who can translate french for me but maybe I’ll find something on google that will let me do that.

Ok I will search foam rolling videos, I do not have access to a gym a the moment but I do have access to some dumbells and a pullup bar.

Yes, I know of band pull aparts. Since it seems to be cheap in your country maybe if I look I can find something fairly cheap over here too.

Would you be willing to talk through mesages?

A link for wing scapula(includes videos)

http://www.living-with-back-pain.org/scapula-pain.html
a few potentially good links at bottom…
Maybe these can also help:

Retro flys on fly machine are a plus, i would do 2-3 sets of 30 reps daily if possible after about 10 days a little heavier about 20 reps when you get bands pull aparts also work your romboids.

*Can someone also tell me how to properly embed pictures on the thread?

I could talk. I did in the past, do you use the 1 with camera i forget the name but used it about a year ago. About 6 years ago i did use paltalk
If no pecs fly machine that would have been use to do what i call retro flys, think like a seated row, you stand, form an L bending at the waist pullup 2 dumbells. Mostly we use our romboids when we use our back delts.

The rehab mode is light and slow. Part of the movement(the beginning might not be very helpfull so it is important to hold 2 sec at the top/contraction position where romboids are forced to work, so a set of 30x4sec should last 120/2min. Than you could stretch your pecs for 60 sec. than repeat those 2 steps.
Later in the day i would repeat those 4 steps.

How did you end up the way you are?
Accident, slow slip, bad postural habit,
A good habit is keeping 1 hand behind our back(i do that when i ride my bicycle and the trafic is low and i can relax, but maybe you could do that in class etc…

Some of your problem list is redundant. Strenghtening/tightening your upper back/stretching your pecs will help correct more than 1 situation that is not ideal.
Any pain, any pills?

Also many librairies here lend yoga video or cable tv shows yoga, or taichi look for ecole de la voie interieure any teacher is real qualified, translated it would be school of the inner way. Founded by a real master i had the priviledge to meet and work with, “Vlady” Vladimir Stevanovitch

With some luck a massage school might use you for practice, here i think they charge very little, if they do not have enough “live mannequin” who knows if they will accept free. Ask around maybe a friend of a friend or post a small add voluntering to receive therapeitic massages, sometimes trading cut their grass/whatever in exchange.

“I did in the past, do you use the 1 with camera i forget the name but used it about a year ago”

I used my webcam to take the photos, i uploaded them to another forum with no troubles, it doesn’t work here.

“How did you end up the way you are?
Accident, slow slip, bad postural habit,
A good habit is keeping 1 hand behind our back(i do that when i ride my bicycle and the trafic is low and i can relax, but maybe you could do that in class etc…”

I ended up the way I am now through 15 years of sitting at the computer.

“Some of your problem list is redundant. Strenghtening/tightening your upper back/stretching your pecs will help correct more than 1 situation that is not ideal.
Any pain, any pills?”

Not sure what you meant by that but no I have ZERO pain and I take zero medication for my situation.

In Australia we don’t have massage schools, I won’t be able to I have no friends, I am extremely shy in real life.

Again, would anyone please tell me how to embed images into my posts?

Images, finally done it:

Edit: