T Nation

What is Wrong with Coulter?

Looking through a few of her past articles, I do not really see anything that bad. Sure, a lot of pointless liberal bashing, but she does not seem like the great retard a lot of you say she is.

Then again, I have only read around three or four of her articles so far. Maybe my opinion will change when I finish.

She has some great inflammatory quotes:

"We've finally given liberals a war against fundamentalism, and they don't want to fight it. They would, except it would put them on the same side as the United States."

"Whenever a liberal begins a statement with 'I don't know which is more frightening,' you know the answer is going to be pretty clear."

"Whether they are defending the Soviet Union or bleating for Saddam Hussein, liberals are always against America. They are either traitors or idiots, and on the matter of America's self-preservation, the difference is irrelevant."

"While the form of treachery varies slightly from case to case, liberals always manage to take the position that most undermines American security."

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

"Democrats couldn't care less if people in Indiana hate them. But if Europeans curl their lips, liberals can't look at themselves in the mirror."

"Have we been cryptic? Right-wingers said Clinton was a lying, unscrupulous traveling salesman. It turned out he was a lying, unscrupulous traveling salesman. Now liberals scratch their heads demanding to know: So what was it about him you didn't like? "

"If we're so cruel to minorities, why do they keep coming here? Why aren't they sneaking across the Mexican border to make their way to the Taliban?"

"Liberal soccer moms are precisely as likely to receive anthrax in the mail as to develop a capacity for linear thinking."

"Liberals are stalwart defenders of civil liberties - provided we're only talking about criminals."

"Taxes are like abortion, and not just because both are grotesque procedures supported by Democrats. You're for them or against them. Taxes go up or down; government raises taxes or lowers them. But Democrats will not let the words 'abortion' or 'tax hikes' pass their lips"

"Usually the nonsense liberals spout is kind of cute, but in wartime their instinctive idiocy is life-threatening."

"When contemplating college liberals, you really regret once again that John Walker is not getting the death penalty. We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too. Otherwise, they will turn out to be outright traitors."

"Liberals become indignant when you question their patriotism, but simultaneously work overtime to give terrorists a cushion for the next attack and laugh at dumb Americans who love their country and hate the enemy."

"There are no good Democrats."

I think of her as a failed comedian who only has a voice because she says a lot of things against liberals and half of the country is looking for anything that says a lot against liberals. If it weren't for the fact that there is a "Republican" president in office, she wouldn't even be a blip on the raidar screen. She isn't funny. She isn't even thought provoking. She's blond and Republican. I guess that's enough now-a-days.

According to a 2002 submission in the UCLA Daily Bruin, Coulter has suggested that she supported the apartheid in South Africa, calling the black people there "savages." The Bruin printed: "In response to a question on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Miss Coulter said she supported the government of Israel for the same reason she supported apartheid in South Africa, because they were surrounded by 'savages.'" wikipedia

Coulter has stated that women are "not as bright" as men (Hannity and Colmes - 09/23/04), "have no capacity to understand how money is earned" (Politically Incorrect - 02/26/01), and "shouldn't be in the military" (Hannity and Colmes - 05/05/04).

On a few occasions Coulter has suggested that the constitutional amendment giving women the right to vote should be repealed. In a 14 February 2000 National Review Online article she wrote, "If this ticket doesn't close the gender gap, it's time to repeal the 19th Amendment." On 26 February 2001, she said, "[women should] all have to give up their vote" (Politically Incorrect). wikipedia

here would be the sections of her writing she plagarized:

Michael Chapman, "A Case for
Impeachment," Human Events, 5/23/97

page 13: Four Democratic fundraisers have stated that former DNC Finance Chairman Marvin Rosen explicitly advocated selling access to the
President...''

Ann Coulter, High Crimes and
Misdemeanors, Regnery, 1998

Page 219: At least four Democratic fund-raising officials have revealed that former DNC Finance Chairman Marvin Rosen explicitly advocated selling access to the president ...''

MC
page 13: A DNC fundraiser told Nynex
executives they would receive invitations to White House coffees' if they joined the DNC'sManaging Trustees' program and agreed to donate
$100,000 ...''

AC
Page 219: A DNC fundraiser told Nynex
Corporation executives that they would receive invitations to White House coffees if they joined the DNC's `Managing Trustees' program and
agreed to donate $100,000 ...''

coulterwatch.com

She can turn a phrase, occasionally, but I don't think she's anything special for the same reasons I don't think Michael Moore is special: she's an intellectually dishonest polemicist who adds nothing to the discourse but droll invective.

I'd say the opposite. Much as Rush Limbaugh rose to his prominence being a vocal critic while a Democrat was in office, I'd say that if a Republican wasn't in office, she'd be a bigger figure - she'd simply have more material. As for satiating the demand to 'be against liberals', that demand is there no matter who is in office, and so is the demand to 'be against conservatives'.

Now, I don't care for Coulter myself - but she is wickedly sharp and can turn a phrase. And, I would say she is wildly thought-provoking; she is simply using the Howard Stern business model for politics.

She's republican. That's what's wrong with her. Have you ever tried to screw a right-winger? Because I have and they are far too inhibited. Mention anal intercourse, contraception or abortion and they give you a mouthful of abuse, and will probably start a column in the local newspaper about how wrong you are. And get paid for it.

I know a REAL conservative gal who is a dynamic chick in the bedroom. Anal, creative oral, you name it. She's the one who taught me the golden rule:

"Front to back, not back to front" :slightly_smiling:

She is funny, sarcastic and way over the top. If you try to take her too seriously you would think she is nuts.

She is too skinny.

I have found the real leftist chicks are the ones that are dead lays. Their activist front is just a cover for their repressed sexuality.

Of course I am married now so I am not in the game.

That was mainly intended as a smart-arsed comment. But around here, the right-wing girls are the ones likely to say things like 'I'm a born again christian! I'll NEVER take it up the ass!'

I personally don't see anything wrong with Ann.

If I wasn't a married man, I'd make dirty love to her. We'd then listen to replays of Rush's show and share a cigar :wink:

So would most guys. But her political viewpoints make the baby jesus cry.

She's an example of everything that's wrong with politics in America now. Mud-slinging, personal attacks, outright lies, instead of looking at policy and what either party would actually do to fix our country's problems. That sounds humorless as hell maybe, but the political climate has gotten poisonous in the last ten years and it doesn't do any of us any favors. Anne Coulter and Michael Moore, two sides of the same coin.

Maybe if she had a mute button.

And I was reallll drunk.

Like, hammered.

And she's the last girl besides the DUFF that's always the last one out of the bar.

This is sexy to some of you? I wasn't aware your general taste in women was quite this bad.

Probably right, though Coulter is smarter, and, although too thin, at least she doesn't have her own gravitational field like Mr. Moore.

She looks like she's starving.

I think she is attractive. And I like that I won't have to compete with her for food :slight_smile:

It's an evolutionary thing I guess.

I think it has always been this bad but in the age of the internet and multiple 24 hour news networks we just see more of the crap.

I would still do her. The face and the political bullshit don't interest me, but the breasts do.

Seriously, what does the UK have to offer in place of Coulter? Julie Burchill? I wouldn't fuck her if I was off my face and masochistic.