What is Wrong...Leg Pain

I’ve had this problem since I was a kid, but it’s more irritating now because it is limiting my training. After a good leg day I will not be able to do any cardio for at least 48 hours because of the pain that comes on in my legs when I try to do it.

It’s not like normal DOMS, it’s only brought on by exercise such as walking or running. It’s much sharper and is all through my legs, lower back, etc., and I get very weak and lose a lot of control over them. The pain goes to extremes if I don’t eat, and it becomes impossible to walk.

The same will happen to some degree with my upper body, my arms will shake and I can’t lift them easily, but it’s not as much a problem because there aren’t really a lot of cardio options involving just your upper body (although they used to have this machine at my old YMCA that was like a spinning machine for your arms).

It’s worst on a low-carb diet. If I eat a peanut butter sandwich when this is happening, it goes away quickly. If I eat chicken and veggies, it alleviates the pain and weakness somewhat but I still feel weak and the pain will return if I try walking again for anything more than around the house.

I hate eating anything but a very low-carb diet just because of the effect on my mood and body fat though.

I’m sure it’s something simple, low glycogen levels? but I don’t know what it is, so any help would be appreciated.

I had something like this in my arms the other week. Turns out it just was extreme DOMS, stretching helped kinda, but I just had to wait for it to go away.