What Is Up with the Forum?

I just came here to say I have a triple post in my log.

No triple post on my end when I looked at your log.

1 Like

The out-of-the-blue-warping-to-random-spots-on-the-page-thingy issue is back for me.

Also infinite loading of, well, nothing, in between posts is back too every once in a while.

Edit: case in point, right after posting this, without any action from me, I was taken to post 63, then 62, then 42, then 22, then 3 of this thread. And had to reload the page because it wouldnā€™t lemme leave that damn post number 3 without coming back to it automatically.

2 Likes

Here we go againā€¦

Itā€™s back to screwing up. Infinite thread loads, likes going wonkyā€¦

Tell em to quit fucking with it Chris!!! Lol

@Chris_Colucci

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had so many issues with the forum lately. Constantly loading and unloading posts, skipping around so bad I can even read posts in order, liking and unliking and liking the next post. Itā€™s frustrating.

2 Likes

Iā€™m having much of the same issues as the previous two posters. I especially notice it if Iā€™m in the middle of typing a reply/post and I minimize it to scroll around. Gets REALLY bad if Iā€™m replying by quoting.

2 Likes

Yup, issues seem to be back for me as well.

1 Like

The forum is back to being nearly unusable for me

1 Like

Canā€™t use it at all in the new Firefox for Android. Chrome still works. It appears to maybe be related to trackers/cookies but even by expressly allowing them the site wonā€™t load.

Keep getting this if I change tabs or apps or if I shut off the screen mid-edit:

It seems ever since having an ad on both sides of the screen, the site has started moving very slowly on my desktop. The ā€œpopup panelā€ thing is also new and pretty annoying. And whenever I click to view the latest post on a topic, it takes me about 5-7 posts above that one.

1 Like

Oh hey, check this out

The site is CHUGGING on desktop.

I have been quiet, but it does not mean the issues have stopped.

Sometimes when Iā€™m writing messages the message input box will just straight up stop refreshing. Characters will eventually show up but I can sometimes write entire sentences before they appear. Only site I have this experience.

2 Likes

They just were so bad they wouldnā€™t let you post about them

Itā€™s been a lot better for me on my MacBook. In fact, I think itā€™s probably been back to normal. I havenā€™t really focused on it, but I think my phone is better, too. For a while the forums were entirely unreadable on the phone, but thatā€™s not been the case lately as far as I can recall (I have a very poor memory or time-sense, or something, for things like pain and irritationā€¦I know they happened, but I have trouble pinning down when it started and whether it was a week ago or a month ago that I last noticed it).

But Iā€™m prepared to call it good, at least on Apple devices.

1 Like

If it helps, everythingā€™s working fine for me on my android cheap-phone.

Weird brag, I know.

Phone works great: desktop is garbage fire. Its at the point where I type out long responses on a word document and then copy and paste to the forum.

Nearly a full month later and the desktop is still complete and total garbage and apparently no one cares about that. It still pogo sticks up several dozen posts whenever I click to go to the last post. I just tried to update my log 3 times and gave up. I honestly dread ever having to do it anymore.

Damn, dude. Once the ads and everything went away, everythingā€™s been fine. I get a bug on my phone every once in a while, but my desktop is seamless - never have a problem doing anything on here.

What browser do you use?
What operating system do you use, and is it updated?

It seems like there might be something going on on your end - not that it couldnā€™t be the site, but that when I was having issues, everyone seemed to be having them, and nobodyā€™s complained much since then - I figure more people would have spoken back up if it was that bad still.

I would say itā€™d be worth it to clear your cache for your browser, delete all cookies and history, and if necessary, uninstall and wipe all temp files from your computer related to the browser and reinstall it - perhaps thereā€™s something residual from the embedded auto-play ads of jabronis doing weird cross-body extensions in the most compromising elbow position possible left over.