What is TRT and What is NOT TRT

I’m with you. I’ve completely passed the value-added activity point. You guys take it easy.

My lack of knowledge on the terms the doctors call themselves led me to google them. One of the mentioned places is urology centers of Alabama… which made me think he was a urologist. Maybe he’s something else though?

Genetic analysis can diagnose AIS/PAIS/MAIS. The condition is quite rare.

Statistically speaking it helps far more than 1% of those out there. 100-125 mg/wk however is far more sufficient for most.

My doc states the same, around 100mg test E or equivalent per week works for most. Said doctor has seen an absurd amount of patients. Some require more, some require less

Dependent upon individualistic metabolic rates, absorption etc

2 Likes

Yep, that’s why I covered this above:

Be interesting to discuss with EDC issue if more testosterone or perhaps a SERM would be the best option or perhaps another solution? Clearly if men’s T levels are declining (even modestly) with time, they aren’t showing the classic response you would see with AIS where testosterone levels would rise significantly. Instead, they seem to be showing partial Pituitary shutdown (with xenoestrogen negative feedback) giving them borderline secondary hygonadism. I’m certainly in that group or maybe that’s just where my body wants to be (setpoint) as my Primary Care Provider used to say.

1 Like

Theoretically an agent aimed at boosting gonadotopin output would be a feasible treatment not associated with HPTA shutdown and/or infertility (as opposed to straight T).

Are SERMS safe for long term use in men? I’m not sure.

1 Like

Not that I am aware of. Rev up the gonadorelin pump! Or Kisspeptin if you really want to keep all the pathways in tact.

1 Like

What say you on what this distribution plot would look like?

In terms of say a box plot (prefer this to distribution plot as it’s easier to quantify outliers), I have no idea. At the VERY LEAST Q1-Q3 would be satisfied with 100-125mg/wk.

This guys the most intelligent and important TRT expert in the world bro. Tread carefully. He is armed to the teeth.

Ignorance is bliss. Don’t waste your time with Jim’s

Who are you referring to? Who is the most intelligent and important trt expert? I think I missed something lol… Or is it just sarcasm? If it’s a joke it went completely over my head lol

A pharmaceutical drug that prevents the body from doing something as a better option instead of a naturally occurring hormone that men require to thrive.

This is too much. I have no words.

You left out the whole sentence. Keep reading in context with the underlying mechanistic discussion we were having. You and I aren’t running for office.

This one literally made me laugh out loud. You appear to have a handle on all my interests, courses, and certifications I’ve amassed over the years. Critical thinking had been a passion of mine for over two decades. I attend lectures on the subject at least twice a year. My entire career has been built on the fact that I excel at critical thinking.

For someone who is so scientific, you sure do make a lot of assumptions. I count at least a dozen in this post alone. Several that I needed to correct you on. I don’t assume. I report what I observe. I report what works and what doesn’t based on these observations. All the scientific talk above would provide me with zero value when helping a man. Logic, critical thinking, and real world experience does.

Things such as:

1. Have you ever taken less? If so, what was the outcome?

2. Have you ever taken more? If so, what was the outcome?

3. Have you tried different frequencies of administration, if so, what was the outcome?

Collect all data to make a strategy based strictly on logic and critical thinking without getting distracted with the charts and graphs above as none of which determine how the man will feel. Just as there is no math that can tell you whether or not I’ll be thirsty drinking a given amount of water. You could say that no man should be thirsty if he drinks 10 glasses of water. What if I’m still thirsty after that? What math would you use to determine whether or not I would be thirsty after 10 glasses of water? What if my friend only needs one glass of water and he’s not thirsty until the next day? None of this analysis is relevant by any stretch of the imagination to troubleshoot a man’s symptoms.

If it is clear that the guy has improved upon raising his dose but still has symptoms then raising it further would be a logical course of action. If he reports having felt better on a lower dose than clearly logic states that we should lower the dose further. We use process of elimination and basic logic until we have arrived at the ultimate conclusion where it becomes clear that his weekly dose is at its best place as well as frequency of injection. That’s it! Why does it have to be so complicated?

Very interesting.

Every, and I mean every, patient I see coming from another TRT practice is taking 200mg a week. I’ve been starting most at 160mg for quite a while, and most of them stay there. For every one guy I move down to 120 or 140, ten move up to 180 or 200.

3 Likes

It ought to be noted Australia is very conservative when it comes to administering testosterone replacement

If you’re on TRT it’s probably because you were very, very low to begin with. It would make sense for a man to feel leaps and bounds better on 100mg/wk if his baseline was 100-200ng/dl.

Aside from some very unscrupulous anti aging clinics, getting on TRT for a TT of 500ng/dl + mid range FT isn’t going to happen here.

@unreal24278 I have someone fantastic that you can deal with in Australia. Send me a PM on FB. Not just TRT but can touch on everything. Someone you’d definitely get along with.

1 Like

Yes, it does. I have seen that as well, and I’ll start those guys at 120-140mg, often dependent on the level of patience they have.

Will do, it should be noted at request my doctor does allow me to use more than 100mg/wk, I’ve been scripted up to 150mg/wk. I currently use 100mg/wk by choice as it appears by cavg is around 6-800ng/dl with high FT.

I have a very progressive doctor by aus standards when it comes to TRT

1 Like

But, they surely don’t need that much to resolve symptoms?? Look at all the charts and graphs up above that demonstrate everything! What’s wrong with you? Don’t you know that the answers to symptoms is math?

Sigh

1 Like

Oh crap, that’s me. We do that all the time. Doubling total test and free test makes all the difference in the world for these guys. But, I’m not really treating the number.

3 Likes