T Nation

What Is This Row Called...

where you pull yourself to a barbell set high on a bench press? How would you add weight to the “lift” if you havent got an x-vest? Backpack with plates in it placed on the chest?

Fat man pull up or bodyweight row.
To make it more difficult you could use a progression like feet on the floor to feet elevated on a bench to feet on a swiss ball. And for external resistance you pretty much got it, X-vest, plates, or chains on your chest.

Cheers.

Its called supine or horizontal pull ups

I call them inverted rows. Sounds like they have more than a few different names.

I do them in a smith machine (yes, they are good for more than just hanging your towel on). That way you can adjust your height pretty quickly. Put your feet up on a bench to make them harder, or use a physioball and cue the clown music.

Another option is to do them with one arm as in Jeremy Fintch’s (sp?) recent article.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
Another option is to do them with one arm as in Jeremy Fintch’s (sp?) recent article.[/quote]

Ive recently tried them…

They really are great.

Bench Rows is the term I have heard most often. From what I have seen, people that do crew frequently perform them.

inverted rows, fat man pull-ups, body rows…choose your favorite.

It is a reverse bench press and it’s final