What is the longest anyone has gone without stalling?

I was talking to one of the instructors at the gym today who is doing 5/3/1 and he said he has been doing 5/3/1 for 8 months without stalling on any of the lifts.

I was just curious how long people have gone without stalling?

I’ve been doing 5/3/1 since November of 2013 and haven’t stalled yet. I just finished my heaviest ever cycle last week and my bench and ohp are getting close to a stall but I do the 5 forward 3 back so I’ll get at least another 4-5 cycles before I stall on anything.

[quote]JNorton wrote:
I’ve been doing 5/3/1 since November of 2013 and haven’t stalled yet. I just finished my heaviest ever cycle last week and my bench and ohp are getting close to a stall but I do the 5 forward 3 back so I’ll get at least another 4-5 cycles before I stall on anything.[/quote]

Nice man! Did you start 5/3/1 as a beginner? Also are you Jim Norton from the opie and jim norton show?

If were not counting ohp,then I ran it for a full year without stalling.

[quote]YamatoDamashii92 wrote

Nice man! Did you start 5/3/1 as a beginner? Also are you Jim Norton from the opie and jim norton show?[/quote]

Yeah I’m pretty sure jim Norton does 531.

5 doughnuts in the morning
3 in the afternoon,and
1 for bedtime.

Not Jim Norton, it’s actually my first initial and my grandfather’s last name. I started 531 as an early intermediate with a 305# DL, 280# BP and 295# squat. Now I’m around a 425# DL, 315# BP and 365# below parallel squat at 48 years old.

[quote]JNorton wrote:
Not Jim Norton, it’s actually my first initial and my grandfather’s last name. I started 531 as an early intermediate with a 305# DL, 280# BP and 295# squat. Now I’m around a 425# DL, 315# BP and 365# below parallel squat at 48 years old. [/quote]

Goog job dude. Tss tsss bet you like a fawkin hulk or sum tin tskkkk.

about 9 months on deadlift ,6 or 7 months on the other movements.

[quote]MikeB45 wrote:

Nice man! Did you start 5/3/1 as a beginner? Also are you Jim Norton from the opie and jim norton show?[/quote]

3 in the afternoon,and
1 for bedtime.[/quote]

Couldn’t let this go by without giving you props

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:

[quote]MikeB45 wrote:

3 in the afternoon,and
1 for bedtime.[/quote]

Couldn’t let this go by without giving you props
[/quote]

Does he look like he eats doughnuts?

I made it into the 11th cycle going straight forward, no 5 forward/3 back. Of course, I purposely started very light.

Then, I fell off the wagon for 4 months, and I’m just now climbing back on, otherwise I would have made it even further…

2 Years on Westside. But when you start at Shit and move to Suck, it really is not to hard to keep making progress !

I also have a very knowledgeable training buddy who is able to correctly analyze where my weakness fall…this helped immensly.

Going on about 2 years without stalling. I have been using a different deadlift method for meet prep recently, However, I go back to 5/3/1 with my new PR for offseason work.

I’ve been running 531 for 11 months now, just wrapping up cycle #10. No signs of stalling yet. I have spent a good decade on a bro bullshite split, and a year directly before on a more sensible strength program.
My squat and bench were pretty low to begin with before I started 531, though. Nevertheless, squat went from 240lbs to about 380lbs, bench from around 175lbs to 225lbs, and deadlift from 400lbs to around 500lbs.

The big irony of it is that I made substantial mass gains as well ever since focusing on strength (as opposed to focusing on mass during the bro split days). Also did start eating like a man, though.

You can go along ways with small weights. Like Severin said, eating big also helps.

I’m on my 8th cycle no stalling yet. Bench is getting close. Switching into bbb now.