T Nation

What Is The Best Workout

I’m 5’7" and 130 lbs at 7%bf I am a “hard gainer”. What are your opinions for a solid workout program - of exercises, and # of days to work out a week, as well as any other suggestions for me to put on size and weight fast(technically speaking).

You should go to the gym one maybe two times a week. You should not overload your body with too much working.

When you are at the gym, do really fast circuits of all the machines. Make sure you have NO rest in between, this is CRUCIAL. Give it 3-4 weeks and you will see a lot of size on your arms. With your bodyfat you will also have a clearly defined six-pack. When you make it to this stage, come back and post some pictures.

Cheers.

[quote]steveb244 wrote:
I’m 5’7" and 130 lbs at 7%bf I am a “hard gainer”. What are your opinions for a solid workout program - of exercises, and # of days to work out a week, as well as any other suggestions for me to put on size and weight fast(technically speaking).[/quote]

eating is first priority. learn to eat. You likely do not know how. Invest in a cow and bulk oatmeal.

Then look at any program here. In most cases training is training is training. you have to go through several different styles to find what you like or what works. Although, if you eat enough and with intelligence most programs will work fantastically if adhered to.

-chris

Chad Waterbury’s Total Body Training.

Firstly just make sure that you ARE actually eating a solid breakfast lunch dinner. Dont go overboard with trying to bulk up straight away. Then, add in a couple of high protein snacks throughout the day ( yoghurt, nuts etc ).

If you do that - and don’t bludge out of any sessions - by the end of the program you should have already packed on some size.

There is no “best” workout. Fortunately for a 130-pound beginner almost anything will work. What should work best is if you:

1. stop calling yourself a hardgainer unless you have a muscle wasting disease, serious hormonal problems or are a slow-twitch-dominant genetic freak

2. eat big at least six times a day

3. make sure whatever program you pick focuses on big compound exercises - deadlift, squat, bench press, pullup, shoulder press, bentover row etc. The aforementioned TBT, for example.

4. do not fear gaining a little fat - you should be able to get rid of it very easily later

Worked for me. I was about as skinny as you back in November and have gained over 25 pounds since. Nothing impressive but it’s a decent start.

[quote]steveb244 wrote:
I’m 5’7" and 130 lbs at 7%bf I am a “hard gainer”. What are your opinions for a solid workout program - of exercises, and # of days to work out a week, as well as any other suggestions for me to put on size and weight fast(technically speaking).[/quote]

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1027723

READ THAT
DO THAT
GROW

looks like you’ve received some good advice. chances are you are not a hard gainer. there really is no secret workout just dedication and hard work in the gym. adopt a basic training program that incorporates the compound exercises and eat A LOT. if you maintain a positive caloric balance and work hard in the gym the gains will come.

thanks alot for the input guys, but i was wondering if you can give me a list of exercises, and the days to do them on

[quote]steveb244 wrote:
thanks alot for the input guys, but i was wondering if you can give me a list of exercises, and the days to do them on[/quote]

Go look up Chad Waterbury’s TBT.

And eat more.

We don’t do the work for you- there’s a million beginners threads here. Use the search function.

One person gave you a program. Chad Waterburys Total Body Training. He also has a multitude of articles/programs which you can find searchign for “Chad Waterbury”. There are a lot of other authors and guys on here with really nice programs you just have to put in a bit of effort yourself. They’ll give you exercises and days. Hell they’ll tell you the sets the load and everything else.

Use the search function.

This site is full of information that could be used to answer your questions. Go look and read it for yourself.

I’ve been using CW’s TBT program, and its working great. I am wondering however if I start using creatine, should i workout more often than the 3 days a week, as advised by CW??