What is T-Cell Alpha?

In all fairness, there hasn’t been a whole lot going on in the t-cell as of late. The bodybuilding forum has been going pretty well (I think).

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
In all fairness, there hasn’t been a whole lot going on in the t-cell as of late. The bodybuilding forum has been going pretty well (I think).[/quote]

Yes, but you aren’t getting 20 pm’s from people asking to be in the T-Cell who don’t even participate much in the forums here. On top of that, threads like this get made where everyone chimes in that someone should be added…when that person has no history of actually giving any decent advice or even contributing in any threads beyond making “peanut gallery comments”.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
In all fairness, there hasn’t been a whole lot going on in the t-cell as of late. The bodybuilding forum has been going pretty well (I think).

Yes, but you aren’t getting 20 pm’s from people asking to be in the T-Cell who don’t even participate much in the forums here. On top of that, threads like this get made where everyone chimes in that someone should be added…when that person has no history of actually giving any decent advice or even contributing in any threads beyond making “peanut gallery comments”.[/quote]

True.

Prof I’m pretty sure you specifically said some people here should not post as much and just sit back and take in the info. What do you think I’ve been doin for the last few years? Why on earth would I post about half the things when I don’t have the right amount of knowledge or even experience. There’s older guys here…why would I tell them what to do, or if somethin hurts. I’ve never been their age, I can’t attest to anything. Only thing I can do really is help out younger guys than myselves or guys my own age gettin into it.

Thus far all I’ve been doin is reading the info everyone dishes out, I take in what I think is good, and ditch what I think isn’t so good. I don’t have to post a million things about something I’ve read but haven’t experienced myself…which a lot of people do.

I’m just sittin here readin takin it all in…sorry if it all hasn’t been a positive contribution but t-cell alpha is just another means to an end of knowledge…if you don’t think I contribute enough take me off then…I don’t NEED to post in there, it’d just be nice if I had a voice of opinion on somethin.

And I did list what supplements I like and maybe it did help someone out cause I stated I bought my protein in bulk (25lbs) and holymac pm’ed me on where do I buy 25lbs of protein so I gave him the website link and the stuff I bought that’s cheap but seems like it’s pretty damn good quality.
Anyways least I can do is motivate people…I’m good at that.

[quote]rasturai wrote:
Prof I’m pretty sure you specifically said some people here should not post as much and just sit back and take in the info. What do you think I’ve been doin for the last few years? Why on earth would I post about half the things when I don’t have the right amount of knowledge or even experience. There’s older guys here…why would I tell them what to do, or if somethin hurts. I’ve never been their age, I can’t attest to anything. Only thing I can do really is help out younger guys than myselves or guys my own age gettin into it.[/quote]

That is a good general belief to have but as with anything, there are exceptions.

For example, though the info has been out there for a long time, I never did get into the Russian ideas of very high frequency training and the microperiodization within the same week (e.g., train an exercise 4 times a week at 70, 75, 80, and 85%.) I just didn’t get exposed to it much, didn’t pay the attention I should have when I did, and never applied it.

That doesn’t mean that if for example you were getting some great results from this and wrote about it in a way that got my attention, I might not have done so much sooner. Your age is not important to me or a reason to dismiss what you might say: you have enough experience and success that I have no doubt there are various things you’ve found that would be of benefit. Maybe not the Russian stuff specifically (I have no idea if you’ve done that) but something of some sort almost undoubtedly.

On the other hand, among the ideas of T-cell Alpha is that halfbaked stuff is not likely to be put up by the experienced, so the quality of information will be better. It doesn’t take decades of experience for that, though some substantial amount is needed, and significant practical success, both of which you have.

[quote]rasturai wrote:
Prof I’m pretty sure you specifically said some people here should not post as much and just sit back and take in the info. What do you think I’ve been doin for the last few years? Why on earth would I post about half the things when I don’t have the right amount of knowledge or even experience. There’s older guys here…why would I tell them what to do, or if somethin hurts. I’ve never been their age, I can’t attest to anything. Only thing I can do really is help out younger guys than myselves or guys my own age gettin into it.

Thus far all I’ve been doin is reading the info everyone dishes out, I take in what I think is good, and ditch what I think isn’t so good. I don’t have to post a million things about something I’ve read but haven’t experienced myself…which a lot of people do.

I’m just sittin here readin takin it all in…sorry if it all hasn’t been a positive contribution but t-cell alpha is just another means to an end of knowledge…if you don’t think I contribute enough take me off then…I don’t NEED to post in there, it’d just be nice if I had a voice of opinion on somethin.

And I did list what supplements I like and maybe it did help someone out cause I stated I bought my protein in bulk (25lbs) and holymac pm’ed me on where do I buy 25lbs of protein so I gave him the website link and the stuff I bought that’s cheap but seems like it’s pretty damn good quality.
Anyways least I can do is motivate people…I’m good at that.[/quote]

you are wise beyond your years my friend. you are doing exactly what you should be doing.

if you deserve to get in, you will.

somehow i even got in and Prof X and I usually argue a lot.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
if you deserve to get in, you will.

somehow i even got in and Prof X and I usually argue a lot.[/quote]

You’re in t-cell? That’s a tragedy, you don’t even lift weights! You’re like a super long term troll. =p

I kid, I kid!

Your right Bill I do feel that I have some knowledge to dish out, only regards to training though. I don’t know too much about nutrition lol other than to make sure you get your protein in first at each meal. I stick to a few basic principles and they have worked for me.

I do have experience in the Russian training, it did absolutely nothing for my squat and deadlift lol but increased my bench by 25lbs! So my upper body adapts well to high volume I’m assuming. What I"m doing right now has a lot of volume for the upper body and it’s been growin and getting stronger than ever before!
I know you were just using that as an example but yeah…thanks though I do think I got quite a bit of knowledge I can share.

Thanks Meat, it’s nice to know I’m on the right path!

Live - I did get in, Prof sent me the invite…but I didn’t wanna be invited just to be in the t-cell (like it’s a cool thing or something) I just wanted to voice my opion when I could. So far Prof is right, I only contributed what supps I like, and fortunately in my selffish post of what supps I like it helped someone out.
Anyways I’m more of a lurker on the site tryin to learn rather than givin out solid advice. I see guys like LaRoyal givin advice and I’m just BLOWN away by it. Just the knowledge…I’m not even near that level…I added him as a friend when I saw him write and went through his posts on this site. Definately some solid advice and I’ve been usin some of his tidbits I’ve learned. Thanks LaRoyal (even though you probably won’t see this lol)

I just think that there’s a lot smarter people on here and people with more experience and I rather them do the talking, instead of me makin a fool of myself…what ranking do I have on this site compared to these well knowledgeable men who’ve been there and done that…they should be the ones respected on this site, which they are and maybe some day I’ll earn the same respect and be held in high light cause right now I’m just tryin to reach the top.