What is 'natural' anyway?

Why do roiders always use the blame the condemers defense when saying roids are ok. There defense is that protein drinks are not natural so roids are ok. Actually protein drinks are natural. Where do you think proteins like whey comes from? It comes from milk. Same with all the other supplements, they come from plants or other things like that. Steroids are synthetic. I’m not saying taking steroids is wrong, just stop using this ridiculous argument to justify your usage. If you use roids then just say you use them because you want to get bigger. That is all you have to say. Nothing wrong with that.

Oh yeah, is using Usnic acid, GHB, GBL, etc. natural? They were all perfectly legal at one point in time.

I wouldn’t say that humans are more picky than animals. The Panda is going to become extinct not because there is not a food is adequate and availiable, but because they are too picky. And of course animals care about how many calories they eat. If they didn’t then why would they eat anything at all? They would just starve to death instead. The term natural is ambiguous and should not be used as a reason not to use steroids. After all, humans are a part of nature, and therefore our products are a part of nature, and therefore everything is a part of nature. It is correct that one can not draw a line as to what is natural and what is not natural, because no such line exists. However, the ‘naturalness’ of steroid usage isn’t the reason people should not use steroids. People should not use steroids because it can adversely affect their health and it uses money that could otherwise be spent on starving children.

Nice post ButtitoJimmy. Its the only one (including my own…lol) that made any sense. As for the rest of the posts, and this thread in general, since it can’t be solved, I repeat the words of the GREAT finnish philosopher, Old What’s His Name, “Who gives a sheet?”

I think we should all chip in… and buy the starving children some MRP’s and roids so they can get big enough to hunt for themselves the way nature intended.

It wouldnt surprise me if this is further argued against in this thread, but “supplementation” with extra food is natural. If you could get the same nutrient effect from a reasonable amount of extra food that you could from a pill (eg vitamin) or powder (protein or creatine) its ridiculous to say use of the supplement is not natural (unless you think bread or snack foods are unnatural), let alone to argue they are equivalent to steriods.