What is Ipsilateral Flexion?

I’m having a hard time finding a good definition of it on the internet.

ispilateral means same-side, as opposed to contralateral which is opposite-side.

so ipsilateral flexion would be flexion on the same side of something

What is Google for 500 Alex?

I know what the words mean, but I’m having a hard time picturing what the movement actually looks like. What would be an exercise where ipsilateral flexion is the primary movement?

[quote]Gambling wrote:
I know what the words mean, but I’m having a hard time picturing what the movement actually looks like. What would be an exercise where ipsilateral flexion is the primary movement?[/quote]
If only the intetwebs had a site with videos.

I saw the video before but it still wasn’t clear to me. Is it just basically lateral flexion/any flexion done unilaterally? Could a single arm dumbbell curl, for instance, be considered ipsilateral flexion? Thank you for the responses.

ipsilateral describes a relationship to something else.
example: Stepping on a nail with your foot creates ipsilateral knee flexion.(if you step on a nail, you will pull the foot ON THE SAME SIDE THAT THE NAIL HIT up, leading to knee flexion)

The thing is, you have not yet given us enough information to determine what will be flexed in your example, and ipsilateral to what.

If it helps, contralateral is the opposite and means “on the other side of the body”

What?