What is Fit?

I ask this question as there are a lot of approaches to this question.

I found this list of military test for what the bare minimum is to gain entrance to the schools listed.

I took a look at these about three months, and I found myself out of shape. While I do not intend to serve due to asthma, I did find these standards to be a good approach to accessing, where I was monthly.

So what do you guys consider fit for your workouts?

I’d like to take a PFT…the last time I had one was high school, and the only things I was good at were sit-ups and sprints. I’d have to train for the running, especially the long-distance stuff. Asthma’s a bitch, ain’t it?

what is fit? i am job

Asthma is tough, but I’m working to get to a 8 minute mile by the end of 2007. And I want to do 6 minute miles by end of 2008.

It’s tough to maintain strength and build endurance. That is what makes the requirements for those special op jobs so tough.

Here’s my overall goal:

1.5 miles in 9 minutes
10x10 pull-ups
100+ push ups in 2 minutes
1 mile sidestroke swim in 30 minutes or less

See the “How Is This Even Possible?” thread. Now that is fit!

I’m functional.

[quote]tweaker wrote:
I ask this question as there are a lot of approaches to this question.

I found this list of military test for what the bare minimum is to gain entrance to the schools listed.

I took a look at these about three months, and I found myself out of shape. While I do not intend to serve due to asthma, I did find these standards to be a good approach to accessing, where I was monthly.

So what do you guys consider fit for your workouts?

[/quote]

Here’s another recent thread on that subject: “Assess Functional Upper Body Strength”