T Nation

What Is Ezekiel Bread?

this might be a really stupid question but what the hell is ezekiel bread? Ive seen nutrition plans with it in it but cant find it in the store and my rents have no idea what is is

Its gluten free (I think, maybe you can jsut get it gluten free) and its sprouted grains. As far as bread goes, its about as close as you can get to the natural state of grains unless you pick you harvest and mill it yourself lol

so the diffrence between this and whole wheat bread is one haev glutens, is that it?

At my grocery store it is in the freezer section.

No thats not the only difference, you better google it.

Its sprouted grain, while other breads or not, whatever that means. My understanding is that its less processed than regular bread.

Crod,

Check this out: http://www.foodforlife.com/

Also as to finding them (there is a store locator in the link above) check with your local health food stores. Surely at least one in your area will have it or something similar or know where you can get it.

[quote]crod266 wrote:
so the diffrence between this and whole wheat bread is one haev glutens, is that it?[/quote]

Yes-almost all breads use wheat gluten to keep the bread light and fluffy. Without it one ends up with denser breads like the Ezekiel breads. Ezekiel breads also contain no extra sugar or honey, another big plus for the carb-conscious.