What is Compulsory Stretching?

I hear a number of differnet kinds of stretching that you can do. Ian King recommends compulsory in his Big Guns article. Well what is it? Can someone explain the different kinds to me.

Thanks.

Can’t say I’ve ever heard of compulsory stretching before.

Some of the more popular/well-known types are PNF, static, dynamic and ballistic stretching.

Some of the more fringe stuff includes microstretching, pulsing, etc. Each has its own inherent pros and cons. I recently wrote an article entitled “Hardcore Stretching” the discusses the benefits of static stretching, and EC and myself have recently submitted a piece on dynamic flexilibity as well.

Stay strong
MR

[quote]provy07 wrote:
I hear a number of differnet kinds of stretching that you can do. Ian King recommends compulsory in his Big Guns article. Well what is it? Can someone explain the different kinds to me.

Thanks.[/quote]

Compulsory means obligatory or mandatory … if you read Ian’s comment on stretching in context you will see that what he means is that the stretching is required as opposed to the aerobics. See below:

“Warm-up: Perform 10 minutes of light aerobics (optional) and 15 minutes of upper body stretching (compulsory).”

To get an example of the type of stretching he recommends, check out the article entitled, “The Lazy Man’s Guide to Stretching.”

by the way, the link to the stretching article is:

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=body_89lazy

Thanks bro.