What Is Canada Like?

Some Canadians are fascinated by a neutral accent. I often received comments on how I sounded like an American news anchor, and people would ask me to read random things or to record the outgoing messages for their voice mail. The farther north you travel, the more this happens.

I didn’t notice this the first several times I went to the city, but someone back in the states pointed this out and it really stuck - Toronto is the quietest big city you’ll ever visit in North America. When there’s a traffic jam downtown you’d think people would be laying on their horns, but they’ll sit in their cars and patiently wait until it clears.

[quote]debraD wrote:

Interior and Northern BC is like a strange clash of hippies, cowboys and Germans.
[/quote]

Pretty much this. More hippies where I am at. We all get a long.

It’s Expensive.

Newfies are in general the funniest bunch of fuckers you will ever meet. Hard to understand though. Really.

B.C. folks are on a different timetable than the rest of us.

People out west are cool.

East coasters are great to party with.

People from Ontario are high strung and always in a rush.

That leaves Quebec…ahhh Quebec. If I had a rocket launcher.

America is the older brother that said fuck you mom and dad I can do better on my own!

Canada is the younger brother that stayed at home until the parents kicked him out.

Also its colder here.

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
It’s Expensive.

Newfies are in general the funniest bunch of fuckers you will ever meet. Hard to understand though. Really.

B.C. folks are on a different timetable than the rest of us.

People out west are cool.

East coasters are great to party with.

People from Ontario are VERY high strung and always in a rush.

That leaves Quebec…ahhh Quebec. If I had a rocket launcher.

[/quote]

Hahah! pretty much.
Also people from ontario have the famous ‘canadian’ accent. (oot and aboot the hoose eh?)

Canada (B.C. at least) is very clean–no trash on the ground. Way cleaner than most places in the U.S.

Some cultural highlights:

Ice Road Truckers

Rush

The Windsor Ballet

Lasers

Lol I honestly can’t believe the women are hot in Canada. Only thing I can imagine is the cold would make chicks’ nipples hard.

Pics plz.

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
I don’t really know what the states is like so I can’t reAllllllly say how Canada is any different, BUT we have bison…

Do you have bison?

We also have that clothing store called roots.
The inside is decorated like a log cabin and they sell cozy plaid shirts. Makes me feel like having a cup of hot cocoa.

We say roof like roof, do you guys say it like Tim Taylor did in home improvement where he was all like “ruff”, but he was talking about a roof?

I think that’s all. [/quote]
HaHa! I say ruff & rutt (root) like I would sound like I was calling that store “rutts”. Never noticed it until I did some traveling, in all directions.

Also I have a Roots store nearby there’s one in Mackinaw, here they sell really expensive things with maple leafs on them.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Lol I honestly can’t believe the women are hot in Canada. Only thing I can imagine is the cold would make chicks’ nipples hard.

Pics plz.[/quote]

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/debraD

PROVEN!

I’m all about the facts lads. :wink:

I Have never been a big strip joint guy, but I was a big strip joint guy when I went to Canada…damn damn damn those are some amazing women.

I hear they can eat horses. I’m in.

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
Do you have bison? [/quote]

Wtf we practically invented bison! It’s like an American icon!

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

Wtf we practically invented bison! It’s like an American icon![/quote]

Europe has bison too!

[quote]furo wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

Wtf we practically invented bison! It’s like an American icon![/quote]

Europe has bison too![/quote]

If Wiki is to be believed - bison were actually introduced to N. America from Asia, across the Bering Land Bridge.

Just throwing that in there ;p

edit - holy shit. “Bison were described as having “wild and ungovernable temper”; they can jump 6 feet vertically, and run 35-40 mph when agitated.” I’m impressed!!!

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
I Have never been a big strip joint guy, but I was a big strip joint guy when I went to Canada…damn damn damn those are some amazing women.[/quote]

Pretty sure I remember seeing that Montreal has the highest strip clubs per capita anywhere.

That, combined with the fact that you can get horse jerky in Quebec makes it a nice place.

I live in canada but i’m not from canada, and yes

fuck yes TEH WIMMENZ!

[quote]Stern wrote:
edit - holy shit. “Bison were described as having “wild and ungovernable temper”; they can jump 6 feet vertically, and run 35-40 mph when agitated.” I’m impressed!!!
[/quote]

This is common knowledge. You never played SFII?

[quote]zenontheterrible wrote:
America is the older brother that said fuck you mom and dad I can do better on my own!

Canada is the younger brother that stayed at home until the parents kicked him out.

Also its colder here. [/quote]

The older brother keeps calling home begging his parents for money. He’s in a lot of debt, but won’t stop spending. He enjoys his current lifestyle, but won’t go without.