What Is Canada Like?

I know it’s a weird question, but as an American, I find the concept of “Canada” to be an odd one. I mean, is it like another America, or what?

CS

It’s just like America… but different.

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
I know it’s a weird question, but as an American, I find the concept of “Canada” to be an odd one. I mean, is it like another America, or what?

CS[/quote]

Here, Brokaw does a pretty decent job with it

Other differences I have noted…

-You guys have better beer…

-We have better women (Montreal in particular)…

-Customer service, both retail and dining in the States is better than it is here…

-Our cops tend to be nicer…

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
Other differences I have noted…

-You guys have better beer…

-We have better women (Montreal in particular)…

-Customer service, both retail and dining in the States is better than it is here…

-Our cops tend to be nicer…[/quote]

Beer is easier to import than women

Canada Wins!

you have BHappy -1,000,000pts…America Wins!

Canadians are still Americans, technically.

They probably have the best polar bear calvary in the world.

IMO the beer is definitely better in Canada.

Overall, look at the difference between the south and the north in the USA (politically, socially etc). Canada is like the extreme north.

Between the ladies and the poutines, Canada kicks ass! Cold as fuck in the winter, though.

I don’t really know what the states is like so I can’t reAllllllly say how Canada is any different, BUT we have bison…

Do you have bison?

We also have that clothing store called roots.
The inside is decorated like a log cabin and they sell cozy plaid shirts. Makes me feel like having a cup of hot cocoa.

We say roof like roof, do you guys say it like Tim Taylor did in home improvement where he was all like “ruff”, but he was talking about a roof?

I think that’s all.

Montana has Bison. I say roof haha.
I have been to Canada 8 times so I think I can help. I was in Ontario out in the country. Very flat dairy land.
BUT, they had a nice city in Kingston and I really enjoyed it.

I’ve been going to Toronto a lot for work the past year.

Toronto is a city full of beautiful women. Everywhere.

The city men are a bit effeminate.

LES STROUD IS MY HERO.

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
I don’t really know what the states is like so I can’t reAllllllly say how Canada is any different, BUT we have bison…

Do you have bison?

We also have that clothing store called roots.
The inside is decorated like a log cabin and they sell cozy plaid shirts. Makes me feel like having a cup of hot cocoa.

We say roof like roof, do you guys say it like Tim Taylor did in home improvement where he was all like “ruff”, but he was talking about a roof?

I think that’s all.
[/quote]
I say “roof” and as far as I can remember I have always said it that way. But I think I remember having heard some other U.S. Americans say “ruff”.

One thing I find funny about accents in my own country is that the way some people pronounce “Richard” in Massachusetts is the same as the pronounciation for “wretched” in part of California – “rich-edd”. Makes me chuckle sometimes when I overhear somebody say “I’m rich-edd” on the phone: because I imagine what that would sound like to an “ih”-in-place-of-“eh”-saying Californian on the other end of the line.

The question is too broad. What would you say if I asked “what is the U.S like?” ? Wouldn’t it really depend on what part of the country you were talking about?

For example -

The West Coast, Vancouver and Victoria, is similar to Seattle.

Alberta, especially out of the big cities, is very “Redneck”.

Prairie cities, are more like mid-western U.S states.

Canada is very far from being homogenous culturally in much the same way the U.S is. This is something that I notice many Americans who have not traveled here don’t understand.

[quote]tmay11 wrote:
The question is too broad. What would you say if I asked “what is the U.S like?” ? Wouldn’t it really depend on what part of the country you were talking about?

For example -

The West Coast, Vancouver and Victoria, is similar to Seattle.

Alberta, especially out of the big cities, is very “Redneck”.

Prairie cities, are more like mid-western U.S states.

Canada is very far from being homogenous culturally in much the same way the U.S is. This is something that I notice many Americans who have not traveled here don’t understand. [/quote]

Interior and Northern BC is like a strange clash of hippies, cowboys and Germans.

But I’ll agree with the poster who said that customer service and shopping/dining is generally better. People also seem slightly friendlier on average, despite most Canadians belief to the contrary.

Also, you guys seem to always be 2 or 3 years ahead of us with respect to implementing technology and other innovations. At today’s pace, it amounts to a sizable gap.

For example, how many here are running on an LTE or 4G network? I bet some of you have been now for a little while, whereas here, in most of Canada, it is just being finalized and rolled out now.