T Nation

What is Brett Favre Thinking

1. Of the entire NFL, why are the only people the packers looking at to trade with, within their division? Cause everyone else has a QB already or what? Bull shit.

2. He’s going to pull an E. Smith and piss off all his long time fans if he goes somewhere else when he should just retire.

3. What’s it tell you when a team who’s loved you for how fucking long, is about to retire your jersey, you’re a hall of fame guaranteed QB, doesn’t want you back? I mean, the coaches know a thing or two about football… He’s a little luckier than his emotional fans want to admit.

4. Stop being a fucking cry baby and half retire every year, then finally retire and cry, then cry cause they don’t want you back.

5. I don’t understand the filthy packers play here either. Release him or trade him are your options. But I’m only hearing about Minnesota and Chicago. Why in the fuck would you do that. Give him to an AFC team, maybe they’ll learn how to play football.

I like him, but this whole situation and all involved parties are fucked.

1. I did not know the Bucs and Jets were in the NFC North.

2. Lies. As a Cowboys fan, I still love Emmitt. I didn’t really care that he went to Arizona.

If I ever see him, I will fight him.

Can’t even explain my hatred for that guy. Changes his mind more than a woman.

[quote]The Bambino wrote:
Changes his mind more than a woman. [/quote]

I never really understood this “changing mind” thing. I don’t think he ever wanted to retire any year. I just imagine it’s hard when the organization does stupid things and hurts your chance at winning a championship. Just look at the coaching changes he has had to endure compared to other great qb’s. I think most people would be frustrated, too, and flirt with the idea of moving on no matter how much they loved the game.

In my selfish heart, I hope there ends up being no resolution, and Favre reports to Packers camp as a back up. Because, as fragile as Aaron Rogers has proven to be so far, Favre might be the starter by week 2. It will be like 1992 all over again with Favre replacing the injured starter.

If he does go somewhere else, it will be hard for me not to root for him, even if it is the Vikings.

If MJ can “retire” and come back - multiple times - Favre can do it once

If the Packers were smart, they would just nto even do trade talks. Obviously the last thing he wants is to ride the bench. If they said that is your only opinion he would say retired.

They are dumb for offerin him $20 mill to stay retired

If I were Favre I wouldnt want to ride the bench either. I wouldn’t break my streak over some little punk

I dont blame the Packers for moving on, but its not that big of a deal. They should back down on it.

In response to OP 1) NFC North hasnt been discussed to recently, originally it wasnt even an opinion. It was just Tampa and Jets, only recently are they now playing the field

Fuck the packer organization, if you don’t want him I don’t get why they don’t just let him fucking go. The player that is basically and will probably always be the face of that franchise should at least have earned the right to be let go.

He is basically trapped, he should retire but thats obviously not an option for him right now. He wants to play, and he still can play. I don’t see any reason he should not still keep playing, its his passion and his life. I would still love to see him play if he is anywhere near as good as he was last year.

[quote]tg2hbk4488 wrote:
If MJ can “retire” and come back - multiple times - Favre can do it once
[/quote]

Do not compare a 6 time champion with a guy who constantly lays eggs in big games and is dome-aphobic. MJ “retired” the first time due to his gambling problems, and the second time because the Bulls management personel thought it was a great idea to break up a team that just won 3 rings in a row.

Regardless, MJ was decisive with taking his breaks from the game. He said he was leaving, and did it. He didn’t hem and haw to the media for what, 4 years now, saying: “gee golly, I just don’t know if I can come back for another year. It’s getting harder and harder to come back.” No shit it’s harder, but make up your mind already.

He’s a diva, but won’t get called on it because of his white bread country boy “aw shucks” attitude.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:

Do not compare a 6 time champion with a guy who constantly lays eggs in big games and is dome-aphobic.
[/quote]

Favre is a 3-time MVP and Superbowl champ. He is allowed one

Someone should introduce him to Lance Armstrong. They could pull a Satan’s Threesome with Cheryl Crow and Faverarah could see how much fun retirement can be. End of problemo.

[quote]tg2hbk4488 wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:

Do not compare a 6 time champion with a guy who constantly lays eggs in big games and is dome-aphobic.

Favre is a 3-time MVP and Superbowl champ. He is allowed one
[/quote]

Yeah but does he use nutrisystem to get back down to his playing weight?

[quote]Envision wrote:

Yeah but does he use nutrisystem to get back down to his playing weight?[/quote]

Hahaha. Doesn’t Mario or Mike Golic do that?

[quote]Freaky Styley wrote:

1. I did not know the Bucs and Jets were in the NFC North.

[/quote]

They were talked about for a few days, but here recently it’s minnesota and chicago the only things I’m hearing about.

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
Give him to an AFC team, maybe they’ll learn how to play football.

[/quote]

Really? Please tell me that statement was dripping with sarcasm… the Giants winning the Super Bowl does not suddenly make the NFC level of competition remotely compare to the AFC.

On-topic: Favre’s an attention whore, plain and simple. He’s had like 3 years in a row now where people are celebrating his career at the end of the season, and talking about him for the entirety of the off-season. What an ass.

2 years ago he had one of the most pathetic seasons I have ever seen a QB have. This past year, he had a great year. Just go out on top. I think he’s pressing his luck, and is going to go out on a horrible season or fade into irrelevance as a back-up.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
In my selfish heart, I hope there ends up being no resolution, and Favre reports to Packers camp as a back up. Because, as fragile as Aaron Rogers has proven to be so far, Favre might be the starter by week 2. It will be like 1992 all over again with Favre replacing the injured starter.
[/quote]

I agree. Rogers will go down. Hell, even if he doesn’t and the Pack starts out 1-3, or so - he’ll get benched in a second if Favre is the backup.

I just wished they would be done with it. I bet the NFL network feels stupid for running a solid week of Farve tributes, only to have him waffle on retirement.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

I just wished they would be done with it. I bet the NFL network feels stupid for running a solid week of Farve tributes, only to have him waffle on retirement. [/quote]

Why? The don’t have anything else to run from Feb till July (except combine/draft)

I guess I rather watch Favre tribute than the 1983 NFC championship game repeats for a month

I have to say… as a life-time Packers and Favre fan, Brett is pissing me off with what he did. He’s being a whiny, selfish pussy, and needs to go fuck himself. It’s bullshit putting an organization in a position like that, especially after a ‘sensitive, touching, heart-felt retiring.’

Attention whore or not, let the game decide.

The ball never lies. If Favre is fit and healthy let him play, if he’s old and decrepid let some DE break him.

Like him or not, he deserves respect. He’s the only three-time MVP (1995-97) in NFL history and led the Packers to two Super Bowls, winning one.

Just like MJ, Favre has the heart of a champion and competitive juices run thick in his veins. He isn’t bigger than the game, never pretended to be, so let the game decide.

Respect your elders, may you live long enough to be one.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
2 years ago he had one of the most pathetic seasons I have ever seen a QB have. This past year, he had a great year. Just go out on top. I think he’s pressing his luck, and is going to go out on a horrible season or fade into irrelevance as a back-up.[/quote]

No one seems to remember that season. All they remember is last season. Sure, he had a good year, but how much of that was attributed to his receivers? I’d say most of it. He got lucky a lot last year. Just watch a tape of the game against the Redskins and anyone will realize that.

[quote]tg2hbk4488 wrote:
rainjack wrote:

I just wished they would be done with it. I bet the NFL network feels stupid for running a solid week of Farve tributes, only to have him waffle on retirement.

Why? The don’t have anything else to run from Feb till July (except combine/draft)

I guess I rather watch Favre tribute than the 1983 NFC championship game repeats for a month
[/quote]

What ever floats your boat, kiddo.

[quote]TKOWKD1 wrote:
Attention whore or not, let the game decide.

The ball never lies. If Favre is fit and healthy let him play, if he’s old and decrepid let some DE break him.

Like him or not, he deserves respect. He’s the only three-time MVP (1995-97) in NFL history and led the Packers to two Super Bowls, winning one.

Just like MJ, Favre has the heart of a champion and competitive juices run thick in his veins. He isn’t bigger than the game, never pretended to be, so let the game decide.

Respect your elders, may you live long enough to be one.

[/quote]

No one is stopping him from playing. The Packers said he could come back to the team and be a backup. He didn’t like that, so he’s being a b*tch and trying to get his way. He’s still under contract with the Packers. Just because he retired and is now wanting to play again, doesn’t mean that he gets to play wherever he wants.