What Is a 'Moral Commandment'?

â??..a ‘moral commandment’ is a contradiction in terms. The moral is the chosen, not the forced; the understood, not the obeyed. The moral is the rational, and reason accepts no commandments.â??
â?? John Galt
Atlas Shrugged (Part 3, Chapter 7, Page 1,018)

To be moral from RELIGIOUS COMMANDMENTS is the morality of robots. The people who devise such commandments don’t want morality; they want to command, to give orders.

Every dictator is a mystic and every mystic is a potential dictator. Kick them to the curb and let them howl.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
â??..a ‘moral commandment’ is a contradiction in terms. The moral is the chosen, not the forced; the understood, not the obeyed. The moral is the rational, and reason accepts no commandments.â??
â?? John Galt
Atlas Shrugged (Part 3, Chapter 7, Page 1,018)

To be moral from RELIGIOUS COMMANDMENTS is the morality of robots. The people who devise such commandments don’t want morality; they want to command, to give orders.

Every dictator is a mystic and every mystic is a potential dictator. Kick them to the curb and let them howl.[/quote]

Sure, dude. you and Ayn Rand formulated your moral foundation on an island, completely independent of all previous institutions.

It is my great joy and privilege to continuously learn obedience to what pleases my master who I love with everything I am. It is the lie of Satan from the beginning to believe that freedom consists in a life of self defined and motivated morality. “Hath God said…” the devil seduced Eve with. Yes He has. Morality IS conformity to the character of God from one’s heart which is not possible outside of the life of the risen and living Christ. Ayn Rand was the perfect example of the bondage of self will wherein one is bound head to toe in the strangling heavy chains of sin with barely a slit for the eyes to peer out of while they defiantly proclaim how free they are. The only escape from those chains was bought by Jesus Christ. Repent Headhunter. Forsake this pathetic philosophy of death, beg Him to save you from yourself and His life will be yours. I defended you when people were beatin up on you remember? I am not against you. You are hangin on to this empty paganism by your fingernails any more.

I do what I want. - St. Augustine.

The confessions, book 2 chapter 4: http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/basis/confessions-bod.asp [quote]Such was my heart, O God, such was my heart–which thou didst pity even in that bottomless pit. Behold, now let my heart confess to thee what it was seeking there, when I was being gratuitously wanton, having no inducement to evil but the evil itself. It was foul, and I loved it. I loved my own undoing. I loved my error–not that for which I erred but the error itself. A depraved soul, falling away from security in thee to destruction in itself, seeking nothing from the shameful deed but shame itself.[/quote]

Satan would give ORDERS. God would so love His children that He would give them the freedom to use their Reason to the utmost of their abilities.

Any God who issues COMMANDMENTS is a false God.

“And now I see the face of God, and I raise this God over the Earth, this God whom men have sought since becoming men – this ‘God’, this one word: I.”
— Ayn Rand, ANTHEM

On what do you base this sir?

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
On what do you base this sir?[/quote]

On the ‘I’.

I AM, I THINK, I WILL…

No matter how much God or King or Congress or any other thug entity tries to stop me from think, I exist. Since I exist, I exist as a particular kind of thing; I am a man. I am a thinking man. It is for ME to decide, to think, to reason.

Many things want to destroy Man qua Man. Everything that wants you to not-think is the evil. Anything that wants robots is rooted in hatred of Man and of the Earth.

Kick them to the curb and let them howl.

Headhunter is on his way to becoming the next born again, Spirit filled, HALLELUJAH shoutin Jesus freak in these forums. I can see it comin. (I’m only half jokin btw and I AM NOT makin funna him)

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

On the ‘I’.

I AM, I THINK, I WILL…

No matter how much God or King or Congress or any other thug entity tries to stop me from think, I exist. Since I exist, I exist as a particular kind of thing; I am a man. I am a thinking man. It is for ME to decide, to think, to reason.

Many things want to destroy Man qua Man. Everything that wants you to not-think is the evil. Anything that wants robots is rooted in hatred of Man and of the Earth.

[/quote]

Wait, is all this serious, or are you playing a part? You take this stuff seriously?

[quote]KingKai25 wrote:<<< Wait, is all this serious, or are you playing a part? You take this stuff seriously? [/quote]I’ve known this guy forever here. He’s actually a smart dude who revels in making a dunce of himself. I suspect this was an intentionally somewhat overplayed, yet substantively sincere post designed to rile a response outta me which will never work.

[quote]KingKai25 wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

On the ‘I’.

I AM, I THINK, I WILL…

[/quote]

Wait, is all this serious, or are you playing a part? You take this stuff seriously? [/quote]

He’s spent to many coffee and donut fueled late nights on anti-Semitic conspiracy websites.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Headhunter is on his way to becoming the next born again, Spirit filled, HALLELUJAH shoutin Jesus freak in these forums. I can see it comin. (I’m only half jokin btw and I AM NOT makin funna him)[/quote]

Manifestly impossible. All organised religions were invented by men, so that some men could give orders to other men.

Some are better than others – my wife is a Methodist and they pretty much leave ppl alone, to live in freedom (though they do some things I do not like).

The ones that want to destroy your career because you <gasp!> used science to get preggers…kick 'em to the curb and let them howl.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]KingKai25 wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

On the ‘I’.

I AM, I THINK, I WILL…

[/quote]

Wait, is all this serious, or are you playing a part? You take this stuff seriously? [/quote]

He’s spent to many coffee and donut fueled late nights on anti-Semitic conspiracy websites. [/quote]

Uhhh…what?

What does k denote in that picture?