T Nation

What is a Good Multi-Vitamin?

I saw that. Thanks! I can't wait.

Was the debate about Superfood VS. Green+ ever concluded

I use Super Food 95 percent of the time, but I like to add once in a while Irwin Naturals Living Green Liquid-Gel Multi Caps 90 caps-3 caps a day=1 full serving.

Bit cheeky Bill, but do you have a list of what forms of vitamin to aim for or avoid?

^Check the label of the 2 LEF items he mentioned. Anything not on that label avoid =)

It's not that hard really to determine which you want to avoid and what to include. It's pretty easy really just to go with the two products he mentioned. They're really not that expensive. Although I believe from memory the LEF two a day is lacking in iron and calcium, but you should be cool if you eat dairy products (including whey protein) and some red meat.

Any oppinions on Animal Pak?

^^ Ha! I clicked on this specifically to bring up Animal Pak. There are 11 pills in each little daily pak, the pic I've attached shows what they all do.

One silly reason I like Animal Pak is that I've seen it advertised for years in the muscle mags when I was growing up and finally having it makes me feel like a real gym rat. Silly, I know, but I'm sure it's a great multi. And you get the cool looking tin when you're finished with the Animal logo on the top instead of a middle-aged woman riding a bike or something like other vitamin bottles.

Here are the component pills in each Animal Pak.

I like the idea of Animal Pak as I've seen the ads in muscle mags for years and years and I finally got a canister last month. It feels great to take them, as I feel more like a real gym rat. Silly, I know, but it just feels better to take Animal Pak than a vitamin with an old man riding a bike on it.

I take Animal Pak, here's what each pill does.

Well, there's a test tomorrow everyone! So you'd better know what each pill is!

LOL @ old man riding a bike

Also as for Animal Pak, the best part of the tins are great for storing chalk.

Does anyone know anything about Optimum Nutrition's Optimen??

Yeah, I take Optimen and like it.

I was given some kind of test by someone selling nano-something, a high priced vitamin product. The test shined some kind of light on our through my skin and somehow measured something. He was expecting really crappy results as proof that I needed his product. But being on Optimen, all the antioxidant levels and other things it was measuring came back pretty good.

Oh cool. Yea, it seems like a pretty good deal too so I think I'll try some out. Thanks!

I use Opti-men too. I find it's one of the most cost-effective multi. Pretty good even compared to LEF. The only thing it lacks a bit is magnesium (it has magnesium oxide, which is poorly absorbed), which I take separately before going to bed.

The best multi vits always consist of several pills. Forget the 1 a days, you just can't get the required amount of each vit/min in one tablet.

I hear ya. I'll point out though that opti-men is 1 pill 3x/day.