What Is a Drop Set?

Had a couple of quick questions for you guys.

1. What does ART stand for, and what is it?
  2. What is a drop set?

Thank you.
WT

ART is Active Release Therapy. Google it for more specifics

A drop set is where you do an exercise to failure, drop the weight and go to failure again, drop the weight and go to failure etc. This is all done with no real rest, except for the time taken to decrease the weight.

Sometimes called Strip Sets.

[quote]WTlifter wrote:
2. What is a drop set?
[/quote]
A waste of time.

[quote]edgecrusher wrote:
WTlifter wrote:
2. What is a drop set?

A waste of time.
[/quote]

Like most exercise techniques on this site, loved by some, hated by others, but should never be discounted as they just might work.

Try them out and see if it does anything for you.

[quote]WTlifter wrote:

2. What is a drop set?

Thank you.
WT[/quote]

A drop set is what you do after a set of dumbbell bench presses. Basically, you roar and do a half rep so that the dumbbells get some air before crashing to the ground.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
AgentOrange wrote:
WTlifter wrote:

2. What is a drop set?

Thank you.
WT

A drop set is what you do after a set of dumbbell bench presses. Basically, you roar and do a half rep so that the dumbbells get some air before crashing to the ground.
OUCH! There seems to be little love for drop sets here, lol. I love them though, especially if I’m pushed for time, or I want to fry a particular muscle that is hard to exhaust (for me biceps spring to mind, not that I do much direct arm work). Having said that, you should use proper form, no “half reps” with screaming, lol. I also don’t quite go to failure. I will do around 5 reps with 1 in reserve for the first ‘set’, same for the second, and then hit failure on the final ‘set’ of the drop…[/quote]

Didn’t arnold actually encourage half reps?? Something about when you do half reps it allows the muscle fiber so allign without getting all bunched up making it possible to build more muscle. Coulda swore I read that somewhere but I could be wrong.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
AgentOrange wrote:
WTlifter wrote:

2. What is a drop set?

Thank you.
WT

OUCH! There seems to be little love for drop sets here, lol. I love them though, especially if I’m pushed for time, or I want to fry a particular muscle that is hard to exhaust (for me biceps spring to mind, not that I do much direct arm work). Having said that, you should use proper form, no “half reps” with screaming, lol. I also don’t quite go to failure. I will do around 5 reps with 1 in reserve for the first ‘set’, same for the second, and then hit failure on the final ‘set’ of the drop…[/quote]

I actually like drop sets – I don’t know where the hate is coming from either. I find them most effective for small muscle groups like the biceps and triceps.

[quote]WTlifter wrote:

2. What is a drop set?

Thank you.
WT[/quote]

Hey guys, I have a ? for ya! What is a search? Am I a moron? Tks!