T Nation

What is a Bodybuilder?

Intense vid man. Very inspiring. I think it’s cool that they showed the before/after, maybe give people a lil better perspective on pre contest VS off season.

Merry Christmas BTW. :wink:

And whoever that girl is, she has a better mentality than most people on here IMHO.

Time to torrent that shit. :stuck_out_tongue: Good vid.

This is a bodybuilder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-t3bDOFAK8&

Those calves…

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bakbsDJbHjE&feature=related[/quote]

How many people do you think we have here who are actually training like that?

Sounds like a great vid, except for the unnecessary drama inside, about how he hates doing the stuff at 0:26 and how he is torturing his own body.

I would much prefer vids like shawn ray’s road to the olympia or markus ruhl’s ones (once he decide to make some in english) .

Just my 2 cents. The drama is just probably to spark more interest and for additional marketing.

I thought twice about clicking on this thread for fear of the “do you have to compete to be a bodybuilder?”, but now I’m glad I did. For anyone who has ever seriously had a goal in mind, whether a bodybuilding contest, or just an end goal for your physique, this is the mentality you require if you actually intend to succeed.

I can’t tell you how many times into my last prep when I would have to question what I was doing, only to answer back, and redouble my efforts. There’s quote, I think by Muhammad Ali, something like “I know what I have to do to win, I have to suffer”, and I’ve got it written down on the inside of my workout/food journal.

S

[quote]OatsNMilk wrote:
Sounds like a great vid, except for the unnecessary drama inside, about how he hates doing the stuff at 0:26 and how he is torturing his own body.

I would much prefer vids like shawn ray’s road to the olympia or markus ruhl’s ones (once he decide to make some in english) .

Just my 2 cents. The drama is just probably to spark more interest and for additional marketing.[/quote]

Respect to him but I agree. Any job has risks and drawbacks. Bodybuilding is no different. His job is to perform. He has to do what is necessary to make that happen.

The guy in the video also made another clip claiming that there are only 6 foods that work with the human body, and that those are the only 6 foods that he will consume (not food types, foods).

Biggest roid gut I’ve ever seen LMAO. How disgusting.

[quote]OatsNMilk wrote:

Just my 2 cents. The drama is just probably to spark more interest and for additional marketing.[/quote]

i think it’s going to make the film more interesting to watch.

how many people love pumping iron? how many people comment on arnold being the villan?

how many people know that shit was STAGED to bring drama to the film?

i don’t want to watch 60min of a naked dude lifting. doesn’t do it for me.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bakbsDJbHjE&feature=related[/quote]

How many people do you think we have here who are actually training like that?

[/quote]

7.25?

the number will jump to 583 once new years hits though

I’ve never seen veins on an arm like that guy’s. Holy shit.

[quote]MeinHerzBrennt wrote:
I’ve never seen veins on an arm like that guy’s. Holy shit.[/quote]

x2

I hated every minute of training, but I said, “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.”

[quote]JaX Un wrote:
I hated every minute of training, but I said, “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” [/quote]

Are you retired?

[quote]Mr.Purple wrote:

[quote]JaX Un wrote:
I hated every minute of training, but I said, “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” [/quote]

Are you retired?[/quote]

i think that was the muhammed ali quote stu was talking about. It is a personal fav.

It’s a damn great quote

S

I’m kind of disappointed this thread didn’t contain a Castlevania: SotN reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z65s0fqDw4