What Inspires You?

what inspires you?
I was thinking and one of the biggest problems people have when trying to diet and workout (im not exception) is that they just dont want to do it most of the time. So what really inspires you to want to change and keep up a constant effort.

For me personally it is a basis toward fat people and look good would be a plus to!

My catalyst to continue on are the memories my former self. An overweight kid that no woman would want. An overweight kid that was mocked for being physically weak. An overweight kid that got picked on for being slow. I then blare Hatebreed’s “Facing What consumes you” into my head. This sets me off. The weight weighs nothing and there’s no more pain only repititions. Hopefully because even my incandescent drive is no match for a brutal back and deads day.

Whenever some says to me “wow richard your looking pretty good”, I just say not yet. I just keep saying it. whenever someone gives me a compliment I say thanks and repeat not yet. For me its just the fact that my mental stuff/problems will not allow me to stop something until Im finished. Thanks OCD! Ill know When Im ready when people say “Dont you think youve had enough?”. Not yet. lol.

For me right now its just looking in the mirror. I’m relatively new to being back in the gym and closely monitoring my diet. I’ve always had a little bit of muscle, but I’m not big in any way, but always had some fat covering it. When I finally did a LBM calculation and it is 132 lbs according to Tanita, I was like wow I’m not really as built as I thought I was.

Right now, I just want to get lean so I have a solid base to start doing a clean bulk from. I’ve lost some fat, and my shoulders, arms, and legs are starting to grow slightly. So just starting to see what little results I have, makes me want to work harder at getting more.

I think its the fact that I have learned that there are some strong, dedicated people out there that are working towards getting stronger and bigger. The things I want for myself are similar to what they have got for themselves, and seeing the progressions and transformations, makes me even more focused and dedicated.

Its like I walked through a door and it closed and locked behind me, so going back to the way I used to be is no longer an option.

The people who mock my goals.

We all know them- the guys who’re like ‘oh yeah? you’re getting a six pack? Good luck with that!’ and then laugh at you behind your back.

Yeah. Fuck them. I’m getting mine.

Oh, and babes. Babes are my inspiration to lift.

Matt kroc, and everything about him.

Setting a goal is the best way for me to keep up a constant effort. I started playing American Football so i train to become heavier and stronger. This keeps me up and i dont miss a training even while im injured.
A second thing is the fact that i can decrease my stress level by lifting weights.
Compliments and Babes are a beautiful side effect :slight_smile:

I always think about the weak 200 lb kid I used to be. I never want to be that ever again. Just the memories of teasing, people mocking me, and not being able to do anything athletic make me want to work my ass off. A goal is not always something meant to be reached, It can just serve as something to aim at.

[quote]Otep wrote:

We all know them- the guys who’re like ‘oh yeah? you’re getting a six pack? Good luck with that!’ and then laugh at you behind your back.

Oh, and babes. Babes are my inspiration to lift.[/quote]

Fuck yeah! I hate those bastards. They ask me why I lift religiously, and I tell them that I want to compete someday. They simply laugh and ask why or say, Don’t do it man you’ll end up taking steroids, get cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, alzheimers, Korean Beaver flu, and you’ll die. To those people: Fuck you and the whore of a mother that raised you!

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Otep wrote:

Oh, and babes. Babes are my inspiration to lift.

Fuck yeah! I hate those bastards. They ask me why I lift religiously, and I tell them that I want to compete someday. They simply laugh and ask why or say, Don’t do it man you’ll end up taking steroids, get cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, alzheimers, Korean Beaver flu, and you’ll die. To those people: Fuck you and the whore of a mother that raised you! [/quote]

Dude, just yesterday, my parents were getting all pissed at me bcause they said Iwas spending to much time working out and not enough time with them and hanging out with my friends. I just don’t get how someone could not understand, you get out of your training what you put into it, If you put everything into it, you get everything out of it.

the thing that inspires me is if i dont workout and try to enhance my appearance i feel as though im turning to shit hahaha.

Just be careful Bruce, family should be forever. Friends, girls, they can come and go. I don’t give a fuck if I miss date night because I have to train shoulders but I’ll miss shoulders for Mother’s Day. I’m not saying that you should cut some slack on your intensity, I’m as die hard as they come, but you gotta choose which bridges to burn.

-girls
-the asshole lifting 5lbs more than me thats beside me during my workout.
-personal gratification
-getting compliments, being noticed

[quote]Growing Boy wrote:
korean beaver flu
[/quote]
?

Tits.

ive actually never been the weak kid by standards in my school,I know it doesnt really prove strength but only lost two arm wresting matches lol… one we were pretty even and a bunch of people were watching then someone said something funny and I started laughing lol…

and another kid who worked out alot pretty much smoked me lol.

Last time I was made fun of outside of class. The kid was smashed against a locker and lifted off his feet lifted up by the neck. All his friends ran like pussies.

Ive never been bad at sports, not a great runner but i can shake much faster people but most of the time no one even covers me.