What Injection Sites to Shoot First?

Am I targeting the gluteus medius? I am fairly confident I have the correct site, it just feels like a bone is near the area…which makes me unconfortable haha. I haven’t had a problem with any other site, this one is giving me trouble.

Lay on your side and go for the meaty portion that is in the general area. If you stand up and rock your weight back and forth from foot to foot you should feel that meaty area flexing. It is tricky to find at first but just go for it. I like a 25g 1 inch needle for the VG site.

Glute Med is the muscle you inject with both the dorsal and ventro-gluteal sites.

If the needle was long enough, and you stuck one in the ventro site and one in the regular site, they would eventually meet.

The best advice to find the site was written in an old post - you palpate the greater trochanter and the illiac crest; the area that is directly above it. Then you mark a spot that is exactly between the two, and ~1" to the rear.

This is the VG spot.

The VG site worked well.Gives me a great rotation.Thanks.

Yeah the 20 gauge inch and a half def don’t feel good.My glute was sore for almost 5 days.Not what I hoped for.

I checked out this site www.researchsupply.net/needles.html (thanks Cortes).I just wanted to find out if anybody has ordered from them and had them shipped to Canada.I know we can buy needles and syringes over the counter at the pharmacy but was hopeing to hear some feedback when it came to customs and crossing the border.

The site is awesome and I could order once and not have to worry about trying to find what I need in stock.

Let me know